Anybody just off Equinox? Martini bar staff?

cheeseheads4ever

Anyone just off Equinox and was wondering of any notible bar staff in Martini Bar and Sunset Bar? Just curious?

We had some great Flair Bartenders in Martini Bar when we sailed on Constellation in February.

We also had excellent bartenders at the Sunset Bar on Connie in February. They certainly out shined the Summit ones in August. I'll be on Equinox in December. I hope they're notable too. :)

My Connie bartenders got extra cash tips. My Summit ones did not.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

Just off the Equinox Sept. 20 sailing to Spain and Portugal. I was extremely disappointed in the Martini Bar and also the Sky Lounge. When I have to tell the bartender how to make a Cosmopolitan, it's time to retrain them. I asked for a Brandy Alexander and got "God knows what." It was delivered in an "on-the rocks glass with ice. I can't describe the taste. Ugh! In the Sky Lounge, a Mojito was delivered with 8 lime slices. My husband ordered a drink with a certain brand of Vodka and when he got it, he knew it was wrong. When he brought it back to the bartender, the bartender was belligerent and asked him how did he know it was not what he ordered. Then he had to go hunting for the brand my husband wanted. We had the premium drink package so we were able to order our drinks at different bars once we found a real bartender, and leave the drinks that were horrible on the bar. But if I had to pay for my drinks, I would have complained loudly!

That's poor, Cosmos and Brandy Alexander are two of my favourite tipples, the former being 101 when it comes to Martinis.

It is one drink every bartender should be able to do with their eyes shut, standing on their head, with both arms tied behind their back, well you get the picture:D

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER

We were on the Equinox Nov 2014 and again Nov 2015, and are booked for Nov 2017! We found the staff at every bar helpful, no sour grapes in the bunch. Also try the GastroBar as they have a special mixed drink menu too. Nothing like it on any other ship in the fleet. One of the reasons we are returning, well, besides the ABC's next cruise.

We were also on the Equinox September 20th Spain/Portugal Sailing. We found the bartenders in the Martini Bar to be quite good and accommodating. My husband usually ordered a Grey Goose Martini, up, with olives, only very slightly dirty and it was perfect every time. I tried several different martinis off the menu, some I liked more than others. I also had cosmopolitans (which I like a little less sweet than usual and slightly stronger) and they were as I asked each time. They make especially good chocolate martinis which we enjoyed after dinner on several occasions. Having said all of this, we really enjoyed World Class Bar the most. I wish I could remember the bartenders names (two ladies, one very tall, one much shorter, always working as a team). They are truly excellent, top notch bartenders!