Liberty issue 10/31 sailing

Razor_Poke

Oh our letter that we got on Monday said it was having the issue with the thrusters affecting the ships speed so they had to adjust the departure/arrival times.

Well, the thrusters don't have anything to do with the ship's speed, since they are only used to dock and undock the ship. Yes, the problem is with one alternator, which means they can't generate enough power to go full speed, so the itinerary needs to change.

Freaka ,621-- I am on the nov 5th cruise hopefully we sail....But no only the letter advising us that the Halloween Oct 31st cruise would be late out and back so not to show up before certain time on Saturday, now that no cruise happened on Oct 31st why are we not boarding at normal times it would seem like they would want to get out of port quicker at normal times if it is a slower cruise than normal but what do I know. I know it is disappointing that Carnival has not kept their quest who might have hotels, air reservations and other needs like pet boarding and travel better informed on the who, what and why since Monday. I know they are working on it, but I would hope we would not load and then cancel like Oct 31st did ......had to be frustrating and disappointing all the same......hoping they make a statement soon and either fix the problem or let us know sooner than later so we can cancel hotels, car rentals and work on air line refunds...... I do have insurance but their is still items to handle.....

It's very possible that they anticipate the repairs taking most of the day, so the ship won't leave until late. There is also the major concern of traffic going up the Houston ship channel. Very often, the mid-morning to mid-afternoon slots are taken by the tankers going up to Houston, and there won't be a pilot time available until late.

It's very possible that they anticipate the repairs taking most of the day, so the ship won't leave until late. There is also the major concern of traffic going up the Houston ship channel. Very often, the mid-morning to mid-afternoon slots are taken by the tankers going up to Houston, and there won't be a pilot time available until late.

That's fine. But still allow us to embark. The delay in the October 31 email was due to the previous trip docking late. That is no longer an issue

Chenkp75, That is a great point on scheduling of ship lanes and pilot times.....What about the issue with 2 ships in port on Saturday or is it SUnday with Liberty of Sea and Carnival Freedom will there be a spot for Liberty (Carnival) just to sit and wait.......I like many would probably be ok if we could just board at normal times and not be sitting in or around the strand in bike traffic waiting.

Could be a really congested place.

Chenkp75, That is a great point on scheduling of ship lanes and pilot times.....What about the issue with 2 ships in port on Saturday or is it SUnday with Liberty of Sea and Carnival Freedom will there be a spot for Liberty (Carnival) just to sit and wait.......I like many would probably be ok if we could just board at normal times and not be sitting in or around the strand in bike traffic waiting.

Could be a really congested place.

Liberty of the Seas and Carnival Magic are on Sundays

Carnival Freedom is virtually every Saturday, and the Carnival Liberty and Carnival Triumph share the second berth on Saturdays. Since the 5th was Liberty's normal scheduled day in Galveston, it shouldn't matter whether she sits all day or not, LOS and Magic won't be in until early Sunday.

Liberty of the Seas and Carnival Magic are on Sundays

Carnival Freedom is virtually every Saturday, and the Carnival Liberty and Carnival Triumph share the second berth on Saturdays. Since the 5th was Liberty's normal scheduled day in Galveston, it shouldn't matter whether she sits all day or not, LOS and Magic won't be in until early Sunday.

The breeze replaced the magic and the triumph is in new orleans......