Why don't I see the discount?

My wife received an email today for a 30% discount on excursions, drink packages, etc. When I log in to our cruise, it doesn't show the discount. Drink package is listed at $55 + gratuities. Has anyone booked this yet? The sale is over tonight.

Not every item on every cruise is discounted. Some people are showing discounts (my drink package is showing at $41 per day), others are but not on everything. It generally appears to be random, although I imagine there's some magical formula fairy out there crunching numbers in some odd way.

Key words are mis-leading sale!

While someone is on the Cruise Planner for their own booked cruise and there is a ribbon on the Planned item that states 30% Discount, the is needs to be available.

My wife and I are on the Anthem in April and I tried to order a massage and/or facial. Neither service was available for the entire cruise with a discount. Yet the picture for each stated a 30% discount.

Mis-leading!!!!

So is the drink package normally $55 + tips?

Drink packages are subject to dynamic pricing, meaning it varies by ship and sailing. It's normally 'from' $55 plus grats, but I've seen it into the $62 range

I got it for $42 during this dale

The 30% off drink package and 20% excursions is only good on cruises through March 31, 2017. It also does not include New England/Canada cruises. I was able to save on our excursions on our March cruise.

This is not true. My sailing in July 2017 was given the discounts.

The reason the prices are different is because the sale is "up to" 30% off, meaning your packages may or may not be on sale at all, and if they are on sale, then they might be on sale for less than 30% off.

It does appear that most people are reporting the deluxe package as being only 20% off, but even with that, the prices are different because each ship and sailing charges a different price for the package to begin with. With the discount, people have reported prices of $38-$48, so this poster's ship/sailing either has a lower %sale or a higher starting price to begin with.

Also, some things in your planner might be 20% off, while others are 25% or 30%. For example my deluxe is offered at 20% off ($46), but my refreshment is offered at 30% off ($18).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by ColoradoGurl

I contacted the Crown and Anchor phone number, worked with a rep and a Supervisor for 40 minutes, only to be told that Spa services are not included in the Sale and that it is a computer glitch.

They will happily contact the IT Department to have the erroneous Sale information "taken down off the site". They are unable to observe the pricing for the Spa service I requested.

Mis-leading Sale and terrible customer service in that they will not honor the posted pricing!!!

I contacted the Crown and Anchor phone number, worked with a rep and a Supervisor for 40 minutes, only to be told that Spa services are not included in the Sale and that it is a computer glitch.

They will happily contact the IT Department to have the erroneous Sale information "taken down off the site". They are unable to observe the pricing for the Spa service I requested.

Mis-leading Sale and terrible customer service in that they will not honor the posted pricing!!!

The spa sale is not a glitch, their emails clearly advertise the sale. Some sailings offer spa discounts and some don't, same with the beverage packages and the dining packages, and the sale percentages are different too. It's possible that your sailing isn't offering a sale on the spa, but I think that the sale is over now anyway. It's not uncommon for the people who work the phones at Royal to have never gotten the emails about sales and to have no idea what the current offerings are.

I understand your frustration about feeling the spa services were advertised on your cruise but the discount wasn't available, but my guess is that the banner advertising the sale was not specific to your cruise at all, just a standard banner to encourage everyone to check the prices for their sailings. The fine print likely said something about not being available on all sailings and that the discounts were "up to" 30%. I had the banner too, but it didn't lead me to believe that everything (or anything) in my cruise planner was 30% off. Luckily I did have some stuff on sale, but not everything. It wasn't misleading, but I can see how it was disappointing for you.

Edited by ColoradoGurl

To clarify, I am on my "Cruise Planner" for my specific cruise and the discount banners are on approximately 1/2 of the Spa Services.

To add insult to injury, I received an email today reminding me to take advantage of the discount sale that expires tonight. On this email it clearly states that there are discounts on my April Anthem cruise with my reservation number for Excursions, Drink Packages, Internet Packages, Specialty Dining and Vitality Spa. As I re-enter the Cruise Planner for my cruise, the discounts on clearly marked on selected services only to be totally erroneous.

On a good note, I did receive a discount for the Chef's Table which I am thankful for.

I just would have liked to take advantage of the Spa Services clearly marked as discounted.

To clarify, I am on my "Cruise Planner" for my specific cruise and the discount banners are on approximately 1/2 of the Spa Services.

To add insult to injury, I received an email today reminding me to take advantage of the discount sale that expires tonight. On this email it clearly states that there are discounts on my April Anthem cruise with my reservation number for Excursions, Drink Packages, Internet Packages, Specialty Dining and Vitality Spa. As I re-enter the Cruise Planner for my cruise, the discounts on clearly marked on selected services only to be totally erroneous.

On a good note, I did receive a discount for the Chef's Table which I am thankful for.

I just would have liked to take advantage of the Spa Services clearly marked as discounted.

That's really weird. So when you look at the spa service, there's a price, and the prices says it is on sale, but when you go to purchase it, the price goes back up?

I would be very disappointed as well. I just checked my planner and there are indeed SPA services discounts. Not all of them, but many. They have the 30% banner overlayed on the discounted ones and a disclaimer that indicates: "Price shown reflects 30% discount". I cannot attest to the actual discount amount since I had no idea what the original price was. But on many of the excusions and specialty restaurants, there was a clear discount since I had already purchased a few. So I cancelled some and re-booked at the new pricing.

dp

My wife received an email today for a 30% discount on excursions, drink packages, etc. When I log in to our cruise, it doesn't show the discount. Drink package is listed at $55 + gratuities. Has anyone booked this yet? The sale is over tonight.

I am not able to see it if on my phone or ipad but able to see the banner and information if on a desktop or laptop.

Does RCL ever offer drink packages through cruise planner with gratuities included anymore? I know I bought the package once onboard and it was just a flat daily price with tips included. We locked in today for $41/day plus 18% gratuities but hoping it might drop a little more in the 3 months before sailaway.

Coloradogurl, you have it. I wanted to book the Elemis Oxydermy Facial, Regular Price $169, 30% discounted price $119 (before gratuity).

Zimmcouple, I tried to go through checkout thinking that the discount would be recalculated there and it did not. The full price of $169 + gratuities is what they were going to charge me.

In my dealings with the Crown & Anchor rep and Supervisor, they saw the calculation at the regular price, but they also saw the discounted $119 price but could not get it to work. They tried to override the price manually and it still would not work. That is when I was told that it is a computer glitch and the discounts are not available.

I also replied to the Marketing Department email that was sent to me today thanking them for offering "the Sale that does not work" offer.

These type of issues normally do not bother me but I am very frustrated to spend the time and energy to take advantage of, what I though was a sale, only to be told it's an error.

Before our trip to the Rhapsody, I tried many ways, to see if the discount was actually a discount for tours, NONE THAT I COULD FIND OR IDENTIFY.

Most ports of significance book PRIVATE TOURS IF POSSIBLE.

This is not true. My sailing in July 2017 was given the discounts.

The reason the prices are different is because the sale is "up to" 30% off, meaning your packages may or may not be on sale at all, and if they are on sale, then they might be on sale for less than 30% off.

It does appear that most people are reporting the deluxe package as being only 20% off, but even with that, the prices are different because each ship and sailing charges a different price for the package to begin with. With the discount, people have reported prices of $38-$48, so this poster's ship/sailing either has a lower %sale or a higher starting price to begin with.

Also, some things in your planner might be 20% off, while others are 25% or 30%. For example my deluxe is offered at 20% off ($46), but my refreshment is offered at 30% off ($18).

My cruise planner has changed 3 times in the last 6 weeks. The Deluxe drink package has shown a 20% discount three times. Now it shows no discount. However, the price of the package has not changed once. It is still $51 with or without the discount ribbon. Do they think they are fooling people? Kind of a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Coloradogurl, you have it. I wanted to book the Elemis Oxydermy Facial, Regular Price $169, 30% discounted price $119 (before gratuity).

Zimmcouple, I tried to go through checkout thinking that the discount would be recalculated there and it did not. The full price of $169 + gratuities is what they were going to charge me.

In my dealings with the Crown & Anchor rep and Supervisor, they saw the calculation at the regular price, but they also saw the discounted $119 price but could not get it to work. They tried to override the price manually and it still would not work. That is when I was told that it is a computer glitch and the discounts are not available.

I also replied to the Marketing Department email that was sent to me today thanking them for offering "the Sale that does not work" offer.

These type of issues normally do not bother me but I am very frustrated to spend the time and energy to take advantage of, what I though was a sale, only to be told it's an error.

Please be patient. They need some time to jack up the regular price on a few things they missed, then the discounts will show up.

Please be patient. They need some time to jack up the regular price on a few things they missed, then the discounts will show up.

Haha! Yeah that's probably why it doesn't work.

Maybe you should see if they can offer you OBC for the price difference so you can book it on board and apply that to the cost. Make sure to take screen shots of the deal being offered and include it in the email so it's time stamped.

The 30% off drink package and 20% excursions is only good on cruises through March 31, 2017. It also does not include New England/Canada cruises. I was able to save on our excursions on our March cruise.

It extends to at least April 16th...almost all of food, drink, and spa are up to 30% off on our cruise.