Carnival Gift Cards question

Dave_&_Lisa

You will need to supply some sort of payment option at the beginning otherwise you will not be able to purchase anything on board the ship, whether that's in the way of a credit card, gift cards or cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you. I know you have to supply form of payment up front, which we always do, but have never used a gift card also. Just not sure how it worked with the gift cards. Thanks again.

:)

On our last cruise, we were unable to have them applied at our check-in. However, we stopped by Guest Services and it was done quickly! LOVE those Verizon 10% off cards!

Yes.....we have the 10%off with Verizon and AARP. Love it! Thanks for the info.

We also often use them... especially by getting them for 10% off. Never an issue... except some kiosks don't accept or recognize them as was the case last week during our cruise... but no biggie. The guest relations folks will help.

We just went to Guest Services on the second day and had them applied. Be aware that it may take one or two days for the credits to show up on the interactive TV. If they aren't there after two days then go Guest Services to make sure they are applied. The Guest Services account is more up to date, in regard to account credits, than the Interactive TV.

They will give you the gift card/e-certificate back. Hold on to it in the event the credit did not go through. They will be able to reapply it if you still have the card or certificate.

Take care,

Mike

What are they and how do you get them??

They are gift cards that you can get in denominations from $25.00 up to $500.00. If you have Verizon you can get them at a discount on their website and also the AARP website if you have that. If not, I know they sell them at Lowes for sure and other retail chains.

We initially set up our S+S account with a credit card.

I collect and build up Carnival AARP gift cards, at a discount of 10%, prior to our cruise, and use them to partially pay for the cruise fares.

When I get on-board, I wait until some of our charges start to appear on my S+S account, then deposit gift cards against those charges, using the self-serve kiosks. I find that it is much easier than waiting in the GS lines that tend to form.

We also keep track of our S+S account, either via tv, or via printout from the kiosks. Mistakes do occur, and on occasion, I've had to have charges removed that were not ours - not a big issue.

The Gift cards are very easy to use, IMO, and as long as I can save $ by using them, I'll definitely continue.