The Liberty Sits In Galveston.

BallFour4

What are they going to do with the Liberty tomorrow when Breeze & RCCl come in?

Galveston has the ability to handle three ships at a time, we did it when Celebrity, Carnival and Royal were here a few times.

Best guess is the Liberty will be moved down to the grain docks or over to the banana ship refrigerated docks for the day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by BallFour4

I'm actually curious... does carnival use RCCLs terminal when two ships are in port? Or do they try to squeeze everyone through carnivals?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's not a Royal terminal, on alternating Saturday's the Liberty and Freedom are here at the same time, then every Sunday Royal is here along with Carnival.

. .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Anyone on the Liberty 11/19 Thanksgiving week sailing looking at other options? I just wish Carnival would make up their mind and let people know what is to happen instead of waiting until the last minute. So far we will just wait and see and hope we don't have to wait until the last minute like the last few cancelled sailings. I really feel for those people and hope they were able to make the best of a bad situation.

Anyone on the Liberty 11/19 Thanksgiving week sailing looking at other options? I just wish Carnival would make up their mind and let people know what is to happen instead of waiting until the last minute. So far we will just wait and see and hope we don't have to wait until the last minute like the last few cancelled sailings. I really feel for those people and hope they were able to make the best of a bad situation.

Making up their mind has a lot to do with when the repairs are done, then tested and then returned to service.

The mind is one thing, mechanical items are another. It's a little more complex than what you state.

We were one of the thousands who lost out on the Nov 5th sailing, funny part when we got the email from CCL, we (4 couples of us) got on expedia, bookvip, cheapcarribean and other sites looking to jump on another ship or fly to mexico or go somewhere......on expedia their were like 900 people who had checked flights and hotels in Mexico in last hour.......we could not get on LOS, Breeze or any of the ships in Galveston, could not do the New Orleans ship due to a scheduling conflict. We looked at Cancun but could not get a flight cheap enough.....only one of the couples is still on vacation, they flew to Las Vegas......rest of us spent night and came back to DFW area yesterday.....go back to work tomorrow to save time for that FREE cruise, which will still cost us since we had dog boarding, incidentials that are not covered by insurance......just frustrating and I like many wonder why it took CCL so long to decide on Friday at 445 pm to kill the Nov 5th cruise, and the Thurday cruise this week is probably on the chopping block, I would be worried if I had it booked. It is an inconvenience but at least we can laugh about it now........wasn't to funny Friday about 5 pm......I sure hope that when I send my copies of receipts and stuff for reimbursements to CCL on insurance I don't get the run around.....I cruise either RCCL or CCL since I live in Texas, but how they handle the reimbursements, the credits and all this other stuff will go along way in a bad situation to help many who missed their vacations.......Good Luck on Thursday I sure hope Liberty sails with guest for their sake.........

I'm a new poster around here going on my first cruise (maybe... I'm the 14th sailing) but honestly I don't see how it helps to argue about who has suffered more, so could we not with that? Everyone's situation surrounding their vacation is going to be different and so will their perspective.

Personally I am in a place right now where if my cruise gets cancelled and I get the compensation that has been offered for the other cruisers, then that's disappointing but fine. Five years ago I was set to go on my first cruise but life circumstances ended up cancelling my trip (that was the honeymoon that never happened) and it was devastating, at the time, because my job situation was very different. Again, it's all about what kinds of expectations you have going into your vacation, and how flexible you have the ability to be with your money and time off.

So quit judgin', y'all, it's not nice and doesn't help anybody.

Right now I'm window-shopping the Carnival schedule of 2017 cruises to find one that I might be able to do instead, and making an alternate plan if we get down to Galveston this weekend and the cruise gets cancelled. At this point I'm going on a vacation next week, I just don't know if I'm doing it on a boat anymore. :p

Anyone know some fun stuff to do in Galveston? My B&B is non-refundable so I might as well see the sights!

Anyone know some fun stuff to do in Galveston? My B&B is non-refundable so I might as well see the sights!

There's a myriad of things to do down here. Go to Galveston.com and look around.

Here's some favorites:

Ride the Bolovar Ferry. Park in the lot on the right and walk on. Go upstairs and watch the dolphins in the wake of passing ships.

Don't stand up front, those people get sprayed with any waves at all.

Eat at Benno's on 12th and Seawall. Sit outside.

Get a kite and go down to Beachtown on the east end. Texas has open beaches and you. An see some cool houses.

Visit bishops palace. Nice place.

Go to Island Bicycle Company and rent a cruiser bike.

Moody Gardens is fun, much of it is under refurbishment, but still worth it.

I'm a new poster around here going on my first cruise (maybe... I'm the 14th sailing) but honestly I don't see how it helps to argue about who has suffered more, so could we not with that? Everyone's situation surrounding their vacation is going to be different and so will their perspective.

Personally I am in a place right now where if my cruise gets cancelled and I get the compensation that has been offered for the other cruisers, then that's disappointing but fine. Five years ago I was set to go on my first cruise but life circumstances ended up cancelling my trip (that was the honeymoon that never happened) and it was devastating, at the time, because my job situation was very different. Again, it's all about what kinds of expectations you have going into your vacation, and how flexible you have the ability to be with your money and time off.

Right now I'm window-shopping the Carnival schedule of 2017 cruises to find one that I might be able to do instead, and making an alternate plan if we get down to Galveston this weekend and the cruise gets cancelled. At this point I'm going on a vacation next week, I just don't know if I'm doing it on a boat anymore. :p

Pull up TA - my DH would be happy to have some time in that area. It's also under 4 hrs to San Antonio which has tons to do from the Riverwalk to zoo to Alamo.

Hopefully you are in a position to front some funds to have a lovely vacation nonetheless. If your cruise is cancelled you will get ur refund and hopefully not lose out - and like others, perhaps gain a free vacation.

I have said on here before, but it bears repeating: if someone has a schedule that is inflexible and you do not have the financial means to adapt to changing circumstances such as this unfortunate one, perhaps cruising is not the right vacation for you.

Bad seas, missed ports and broken ships happen - it is a risk we all take when we cruise. Of course, people will be disappointed. I would be too. But when life hands you lemons you are gonna have to suck on them, or else find a way to make lemonade. For all those of you looking to make a good vacation nonetheless, kudos to you.

Nicely said. Yes I know it is not as easy as Carnival making up their minds but it seems like If they were canceling a second cruise in a row that they had a good idea it was going to happen so why not just do it as soon as possible so people can make other plans.

This is only the second time in 11 years our kids have had the whole week of Thanksgiving off and having to plan vacations around school breaks we thought what better way to celebrate Thanksgiving than on a Carnival cruise. My husband also took vacation this week and luckily may be able to change that if needed, others not so lucky. We are driving to port so no airfare or need to stay the night before, again others not so lucky. Yes I would rather Carnival cancel the cruise than go out on a ship not up to par, everyone is just asking for as much notice as possible. Rebooking another ship or going to Mexico probably wont be possible as its Thanksgiving week and things are already booked or last minute bookings will be very expensive. Same with trying to change to Christmas or Spring Break.

We will make the best of it and still have a good time whatever we end up doing.

Hopefully you are in a position to front some funds to have a lovely vacation nonetheless. If your cruise is cancelled you will get ur refund and hopefully not lose out - and like others, perhaps gain a free vacation.

We intend to make the best of it, boat or no boat. We'll just extend our stay at the B&B in Galveston until we either run out of things to do that interest us, or decide to head back north. :)

Honestly I wouldn't even mind if we ended up on one of the "cancelled port" sailings with the extra room credit and slightly discounted future cruise, either... I can always find more ways to spend money.

Yes I would rather Carnival cancel the cruise than go out on a ship not up to par, everyone is just asking for as much notice as possible. Rebooking another ship or going to Mexico probably wont be possible as its Thanksgiving week and things are already booked or last minute bookings will be very expensive. Same with trying to change to Christmas or Spring Break.

I totally understand that feeling. I'm a person that would prefer to "know" and get started on my alternate plans than wonder whether it's go-or-no all the way up until the day before, because last minute bookings of anything are always more expensive. I get why Carnival doesn't want to call it early because I'm sure cancellations are very expensive for them, but I'm just a customer and don't have as big of a pocketbook as they do. ;)

Making up their mind has a lot to do with when the repairs are done, then tested and then returned to service.

The mind is one thing, mechanical items are another. It's a little more complex than what you state.

If they don't know they can provide a service for which they already received payment, they should say what they know, give their best % guess of the likelihood that next two cruises will proceed as planed and offer those affected the opportunity to bail out with appropriate compensation.

If they don't know they can provide a service for which they already received payment, they should say what they know, give their best % guess of the likelihood that next two cruises will proceed as planed and offer those affected the opportunity to bail out with appropriate compensation.

And that is exactly the point I was trying to make......don't string along paying customers like this...it doesn't bode well for business. Ok, we understand your ship is broken and those things happen, but CCL needs to be realistic instead of canceling with no notice to salvage. That has been my issue with this all along. I am hoping the next sailing goes out on Thursday and it give piece of mind to all of those sailing on the liberty in the next few weeks....