Anthem - Stateroom location

Hello cruisers:

For those who have sailed on the Anthem before and are somewhat familiar with the ship, I have a question.

Which deck is more desirable? I know this question is subjective, but I'm looking for opinions. I have a hump balcony booked on the starboard side on deck 8 (Mid ship, but closer to FWD) . On deck 13, the exact same stateroom is available. I'm thinking the higher deck may be better because it is closer to the pool deck / seaplex etc, but seems so far away from the restaurants / theater.

What are your thoughts?

We just got back from the Anthem and had deck 13 Aft. We always book the deck right under the pool deck for easy access to everything. Some say it may be noisy. (we have yet to find it noisy) As a matter of fact, I slept like a baby for the first time in many years.

Aft has the elevators to the main pool area, 270, the Windjammer, and all of the "no fee" restaurants. I guess it all depends on what works for you.

The only long walk we had was to the theater, which is forward. :)

On deck 13 you have the overhang and the supports, you might want to look at the deck plans and see if this is near your cabin... :cool:

Great point. Forgot to mention this. This ship had the biggest overhang that I have ever seen. We had a couple of really bad rainy days and most very sunny days. This humongous overhang kept us out of all the elements and could sit out there anytime we wanted. :):):)

On deck 13 you have the overhang and the supports, you might want to look at the deck plans and see if this is near your cabin... :cool:

This is what I thought would be the biggest difference.

The stateroom is 13172 and 8172.. How can I tell if they are near the supports?

Edited by SailAwayInAugust

Guess it comes down to what is more important to you. We were on deck 6, forward (guarantee balcony). I loved the location because we were steps to the elevators/stairs, one flight up from the balcony in the main theater so when a show got out we only had walk up one flight and away from the crowds waiting for an elevator...one or two flights down to bars, restaurants and shops. In the past we had a cabin directly under the buffet area (can't remember which ship!) and DH loved it because it was one flight up to the buffet! Most important to me is close proximity to elevators/stairs.

But then again, 9 out of 10 cruises we booked "guarantee" and I've never had a problem with location!

This is what I thought would be the biggest difference.

The stateroom is 13172 and 8172.. How can I tell if they are near the supports?

The beams do NOT block your view at all. Do you want to see a picture?

Edited by champagne123
ssss

Hello cruisers:

For those who have sailed on the Anthem before and are somewhat familiar with the ship, I have a question.

Which deck is more desirable? I know this question is subjective, but I'm looking for opinions. I have a hump balcony booked on the starboard side on deck 8 (Mid ship, but closer to FWD) . On deck 13, the exact same stateroom is available. I'm thinking the higher deck may be better because it is closer to the pool deck / seaplex etc, but seems so far away from the restaurants / theater.

What are your thoughts?

13172 is under the pool deck. Personally, we don't book cabins under potentially noisy public spaces like that. We prefer to have cabins above and below us, which is what you'd get with 8172.

Again, that's our personal preference. Others may feel differently.

Enjoy whatever you decide!