Live from the Reflection 11-5 to 11-12-2016

seadog67

Thanks Julie! Hope you have a blast in March! The lady in white was a guest, as she was just letting her hair down a bit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Symptoms indicate she was taking full advantage of an unlimited drinks package. Most likely the conversation this morning, if she is awake yet, is "I did what?"

You can only have so much fun! :D

For those who took Transatlantic crossing, what was the weather? Did anybody got seasick?

Thanks

The crossing was great. A few rainy days at the start but mainly sunshine all the way. Seas were calm. The highest swells were around 6ft for about a day and a half but the ship is so stable we hardly felt them. The rest of the time the sea was very calm

This is great - thanks for doing it. I'm avidly following along. We took the Eastern Caribbean on Reflection a couple of years ago and are doing this same Western cruise in late February. Just a question - do you happen to know which wines are included in the classic alcohol package? We prefer Pinot Grigios and last time we were lucky enough that one was included, albeit right at the top $ level. Hoping there will be one included this time.

My husband has the classic package and is a

Pinot Grigio drinker. He's been able to get a number of different ones in all the bars, the main dining room and the speciality restaurants.

For the wine drinkers out there they have a table set up outside the Seaview cafe on every sea day with a selection of wines at $20 a bottle 'for consumption in the cafe or your cabin'. These are wines which sell for much more in the dining room and there's nothing to stop you filling a glass and taking it with you into the dining room.

Hope you have a great cruise. We'll be on the Reflection in 2 weeks. I'm interested in how you'll like the Beach Bungalows at Labadee. We are trying to decide between paying for cabanas or bungalow. Can you let us know about the location, price and any extra benefits you get for your bungalow? Also if you know how to go about renting a cabanas and which is a preferred location.

Hope you have a great cruise

We rented one of the Beach Bungalows in August. They are located at Columbus Cove (the furthest point) so I would suggest taking the tram. There is an area just for those who rent the bungalows. We got 6 large bottles of water and your attendant will get you your drinks. The buffet lunch area is located directly behind and you can bring your lunch back to your cabana. They will also put lounge chairs closer to the water for you to use. We've rented the over the water cabana before and found this to be just as nice.

Hey Cruise Critics! Just got back from a morning at Playa Mia beach. Being Monday and only one ship in there were basically 20 people total at the beach. The only waiters took great care of us with bloody mary's and the best tequila shots one could ask for!

I have tons of pics and videos that I will post once the tequila wears off lol :)

Great day this morning!!

6c1c344753099c82a0f82c3adcf8bdfb.jpg

b4e9bb58db3da97d913e5dffc953b2d5.jpg

Be back later :) nap time

We still give the slightest edge to Chops on some of the RCL ships but not by much.

FYI: Chops had been our benchmark steak house at sea since 2007, until when we were on Reflection in 2013, and the filet & rib eye at the Lawn Club Grill were over the top great!

And as others have said, the ride along is wonderful!:D Reminds me of the old days here on CC when we all waited for the next 'LIVE' thread from Radio!

Thank You berry berry much Seadog!

EW

(ps: we have dined at Murano & Tuscan half a dozen times on Reflection & Equinox )

Edited by wallie5446

We are going on the Reflection next week! Thank you so much for posting.

Two quick questions:

How many kids are on the ship this week? We are bringing our well behaved four year old.

Was Tuscan Grill a flat fee? I was confused by posts that it may be a la carte on some ships.

Thank you so much for sharing your adventure! Makes us even more excited for our April cruise on Silhouette.

Enjoy, looking forward to living vicariously with your and Mrs. SeaDog for the rest of your cruise.

BTW, we are in Maine where we have the Portland SeaDogs, the Red Sox double AA baseball team.

FYI: Chops had been our benchmark steak house at sea since 2007, until when we were on Reflection in 2013, and the filet & rib eye at the Lawn Club Grill were over the top great!

And as others have said, the ride along is wonderful!:D Reminds me of the old days here on CC when we all waited for the next 'LIVE' thread from Radio!

Thank You berry berry much Seadog!

EW

(ps: we have dined at Murano & Tuscan half a dozen times on Reflection & Equinox )

Thanks wallie! You are berry berry welcome and I am glad it is enjoyable!

I do not know why we did not book the lawn club, might look into it now but at worst you just gave us another reason to book another Solstice Class ship :)

Thanks for following along, we pulled away from the dock, more details soon.

We are going on the Reflection next week! Thank you so much for posting.

Two quick questions:

How many kids are on the ship this week? We are bringing our well behaved four year old.

Was Tuscan Grill a flat fee? I was confused by posts that it may be a la carte on some ships.

Hi Lizzy. Tuscan is a flat $45 per person, not including alcoholic drinks and or soda etc. I did not see any ala carte items on the menu so it is all included.

As for children, there are very few that we have seen. Maybe a dozen in total we have seen, if that and they seem very well behaved.

Thanks for following!

I do have a question about the internet... We did not select unlimited internet as one of our booking perks. Are there any internet specials for purchase on board other than the unlimited package? TIA :)

Let me check and get back to you. I have been meaning to get to the internet cafe and have not made it yet.

So two questions open

Pinot on the classic beverage package and internet package specials, check back soon.

Symptoms indicate she was taking full advantage of an unlimited drinks package. Most likely the conversation this morning, if she is awake yet, is "I did what?"

You can only have so much fun! :D

LOL at this moment I know how she felt this morning, especially if she drank tequila :)

Good Afternoon Cruise Critic. So our story left off this morning with Reflection Docking in Cozumel. We left the ship about 7:10 am to head over to the rendezvous point for the Play Mia Deluxe Beach Break.

a0866a75c47cf73cfc17f06aba14ae6d.jpg

d498ea9837a9a67b5e1d9635b4b4e4e6.jpg

With that we were off in a jiffy

eb87b3a8078462c29bca9a15f4aadabe.jpg

5e33bec5c09b8b9ab197ec3a2e869ab2.jpg

Hello Our Canadian Friends

9f1393e4b9c2b703514f0f1fd1618134.jpg

602fb6b4aeb09f8301eba06df07b1f4a.jpg

With that we made it over to the shopping area of the port where all the meeting points are for the excursions and proceeded to look for ours...

81ef94a9d2000358c959c3c060320833.jpg

Let's see we are looking for the Beach Break..

Nope not here

52a3a4a1040020fbfe5519a23c0bed96.jpg

Nope not this one either

6300323a11a6f15c82270f32d89810c1.jpg

Bingo we found it

927f06d3d0f81ae12aa56042f1e7fd16.jpg

We had 20 minutes to wait so we strolled around the shops, where they also offer excursions as well

42422330c1f6a119fe20058aee0fe5b7.jpg

https://vimeo.com/190627460

Did you get wet? I sure did :)

Soon enough it was time to saddle up for the ride over

https://vimeo.com/190628127

We loaded onto a very nice bus for the 10 min ride

0dcf4e0f6142b822d14b589d2d5d6c27.jpg

https://vimeo.com/190628835

With that we arrived at Playa Mia a good bit before most of the park fully opened and headed straight for the beach.

https://vimeo.com/190629370

d018a5d08bd57c916e858fc613e7e634.jpg

Where we had the pick of the litter as there was hardly anyone there, and this lasted all morning

c734d8fcba118882655993fa1c3fe6cd.jpg

Edited by seadog67

ca255dc878c53c7fb718c4b403dba22d.jpg

With our first drink of rum and coke in hand at 9 am :) the sky's opened up for a bit

https://vimeo.com/190630429

It finally started to clear when I went for an on beach massage, $40 for 30 minutes

d7c9c07bbdc7368ba1ee0eff8f45ea26.jpg

We proceeded to wander around, the water is clear and clean with patches of seagrass

21b76b3210ebfc6c886bed5c39ed4ef1.jpg

The sand by the water is very soft and you sink in easily

acdecf6daacbab6fb9b47f40d3bd429e.jpg

They offer wave runners and peddle boats

https://vimeo.com/190631724

I failed to get prices as these activities are extra cost (sorry)

ea5baf59b81d220bbad00b523dec1d21.jpg

They also have a kids water park with a large slide that is included in the excursion price

https://vimeo.com/190632719

Also included is a buffet of food ( we did not partake but the last time here it was packed)

They have mexican and american items

a19a7398a7f7e8c30c66143ef095ddbe.jpg

c4ccd30ff58d402cd76f6c6198191b62.jpg

da8999dd00ce49ca6820435049f05f2b.jpg

This is where being almost the only people on this side of the beach and near the included bar caught up to us as the waiters were right there bringing us drinks left and right (the bloody mary's were outstanding according to Mrs S.) and after a nice tip they broke out the tequila shots which were outstanding as well :)

1773661e5e51ba393a2555d6ec3c2d0b.jpg

33b5e1455e3c49b225305dfc8bd90116.jpg

d38bd1e1cd4a93b4463aafd9c016cb47.jpg

Six some odd shots later and multiple Dois equiis beers and it was time to cab it back and not wait for the bus at 1:30 :(

https://vimeo.com/190634463

It was a fine morning at the beach. I forget the cost at the moment, but I want to say $78 per person ( do not qoute me and I will double check) but unless you have children to use the park and you eat at the buffet I am not sure it is worth it for just the beach day activities. Base drinks are beer and soda included, with a cash bar for higher end drinks. Or tip well on a slow day and you can get plastered for cheap :)

Off to get cleaned up for dinner..

Thank you so much for this review. We were booked on this cruise and had to cancel the day before, Friday, due to emergency health issue so I am now living my cruise through your review.

Glad you are enjoying, and I am really sorry you had to cancel. We unfortunately have canceled several cruises due to the same reason so we hope everything turns out well and you cruise again soon!