Carnival Victory Now Has Newly Added!...

ragen

I was on the Carnival Victory's Oct 23 2016 sailing, and when I got on board I saw that they had just added: Seafood Shack,... it is in the solarium pool area (aft pool near the Pizza Pirate) it is an up-charge food option with good Fish and Chips, Fresh Shrimp & More, Prices for most meals was $6-$8 bucks, but food meal sizes were large and worth the money.

Also Found in the Same aft pool Solarium area, They have added a self serve Thirsty Frog Red Beer Vending machine! (It offers solo cup 14oz beers, for $4.48) or you can fill any container size you wish for 32cents per oz. This was a good option, Because it didn't charge you the 18% gratuity you have at the Sports bar or Atrium bar for the same Thirsty Frog Beer.

(also why is it that if you buy Thirsty Frog in the atrium it is $5.85 Plus Gratuity for 16oz, But in the sports bar it is the same $5.85 Plus Gratuity yet you get 19oz???)

Anyway just thought I'd share this info because I never saw it mentioned by anyone else.

Edited by ragen

Thanks for the information!

Can you tell me a little more about the Seafood Shack? Does it have dedicated seating, or is it just a counter? I'm trying to figure out if it's on it's own, or just part of the overall pool deck. It sounds like something we'd like to try out if there is decent seating.

I was on the Carnival Victory's Oct 23 2016 sailing, and when I got on board I saw that they had just added: Seafood Shack,... it is in the solarium pool area (aft pool near the Pizza Pirate) it is an up-charge food option with good Fish and Chips, Fresh Shrimp & More, Prices for most meals was $6-$8 bucks, but food meal sizes were large and worth the money.

Also Found in the Same aft pool Solarium area, They have added a self serve Thirsty Frog Red Beer Vending machine! (It offers solo cup 14oz beers, for $4.48) or you can fill any container size you wish for 32cents per oz. This was a good option, Because it didn't charge you the 18% gratuity you have at the Sports bar or Atrium bar for the same Thirsty Frog Beer.

(also why is it that if you buy Thirsty Frog in the atrium it is $5.85 Plus Gratuity for 16oz, But in the sports bar it is the same $5.85 Plus Gratuity yet you get 19oz???)

Anyway just thought I'd share this info because I never saw it mentioned by anyone else.

Thats great do you know what kind of seafood they have? did they have clams, oysters, crab legs?

Yes it has Clams, Oysters, Shrimp, Crab Legs, Lobster, Fish,Calamari,& More..... Plus typical sides such as frys, & Cole Slaw, Hush Puppys etc. Not really it's own Seating exactly, It's a counter, However there are about 12 4-top tables and booths right there beside it overlooking the Seas. So I guess you could say it has it's own seating area, but you still gotta order at the counter, however,... they will deliver it to you're table. Some things are sold by the dish, others by the pound.

It is in the adult covered aft pool deck area, not out on the main pool deck. When I saw it upon boarding on the 23'rd they told me it was they're first day, and first hour open, it was just added that day.

Edited by ragen

Regarding the Seafood Shack menu, if you search for recent threads regarding Seafood Shack or Seafood Corner you'll find some photos of the menu, which is apparently the same at both places.

It's called "Seafood Corner" on Conquest but the layout and location sounds the same as described on Victory.

Nice to see Victory getting something new to eat. The one drawback to that ship -- aside from the "biting sea-horses" and the amorous mermaids in the MDR :D -- is its lack of places to eat.

Edited by Pellaz

When did the gratuity on drinks go up to 18%??

Also Found in the Same aft pool Solarium area, They have added a self serve Thirsty Frog Red Beer Vending machine! (It offers solo cup 14oz beers, for $4.48) or you can fill any container size you wish for 32cents per oz. This was a good option,

Nice to know that one have to pay only as much as he can drink. Thanks for the heads up.

thanks for the info we leave 11/21. Was not happy to hear they did not have a steakhouse...but I love seafood so the Shack will do!

They don't have a separate steakhouse, but you can get steak house entree items (for an extra cost) in the main dining room!

• 2 months later...

AHHHHHH -- so I figure the Seafood Shack must be where the Sirens' Bar is on the deck plan. Thanks so much for the information!

How well is the tap set up? I mean, is it pretty easy to pour and not get all foam? I have a terrible time with kegs lol. I usually have to get my son to pour me one so I don't waste all his beer.

Maybe I should just practice a lot before my next cruise that has those available...

How well is the tap set up? I mean, is it pretty easy to pour and not get all foam? I have a terrible time with kegs lol. I usually have to get my son to pour me one so I don't waste all his beer.

Maybe I should just practice a lot before my next cruise that has those available...

I'd live to hear about this as well. A draft vending machine, I can't imagine it pours headless beers

Here's the Seafood Shack's menu (with prices) directly from Carnival's page, in case anyone had trouble finding it: https://www.carnival.com/~/media/Images/explore/dining/menus/seafood-shack-menu.pdf (I hope a link to a CCL site isn't against the rules in a CCL forum?)

As for the PYOB (Pour Your Own Beer) dispensers, I tried one on the Vista -- it does take a little practice to avoid foam, but I suspect that's true of all taps...