Oceana

holiday addict

We disembarked on Saturday, having sailed back to Southampton from Genoa.

I too had read all the negative comments but have learned over the years not to be too concerned and to take the situation as it really is, once aboard. Maybe we're easily pleased but I find it difficult to find anything particular to Oceana to flag up as in need of attention.

The cabin was in good order and spotless. The MDR and Cafe Jardin were good and the food excellent. Our dining companions used the buffet for breakfast and lunch and found it poorly laid out. I seem to recall this too.

We has full access to the Promenade deck - I had read reports of incessant ongoing maintenance work.

Staff were good, food was good, cabins were good, entertainment was varied and good - enjoy your cruise!

We were on board in September 2016, and like you, had reservations after reading some reviews. Glad to say that we thought the ship was excellent overall. Had a balcony cabin, and yes the bathroom was small, but still not much smaller than similar balcony cabin on Azura. Yes, was a bit of rust on promenade deck, but was being dealt with whilst we were onboard, so will be fine by now!

Food, staff and entertainment was of the usual P and O standard, so go ahead and book. You will have a great cruise.

Hi, we loved our cruise in August and have already booked for April 2018. The ship is so years old but we love her. They were doing some maintenance on port days to remove some external rust but it was not intrusive and it has to be done some time. We loved our cabin - small but beautiful - and the atrium is still the best in the fleet (we think).

Go and enjoy your cruise - we're jealous

Just back from Genoa to Southampton like eddie11. I would say given she is an older ship the crew work not stop & is immaculate. Did the galley walk through & was unbelievably spotless. Enjoyed Oceana as much as Britannia & she was just in service for 3 months when we sailed on her.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on Oceana in the summer, this was about the 5th or 6th time we've been on her. Yes she's an older ship but we didn't see anything that made us feel she was showing her age. I read a review of her just before we went which described her as an 'old rust bucket' and apparently most things were awful - carpets, bed linen, food, shows etc. This was not what we found. She still has the most fantastic atrium - far better than any of the others in the fleet. No she's not spanking new but she's still a lovely ship and we look forward to going on her again.

On the whole a nice ship with public areas updated but our cabin was shabby and non too clean D601. We have sailed with P and O a number of times and this is our least favourite ship. We enjoyed the cruise (17 night repositioning Venice to Southampton returning 29th Oct 2016) but there was an outbreak of Norovirus on board. We were lucky to avoid it but I learnt afterwards that the ship failed a hygiene inspection earlier in the year. I understand it is to be refitted soon and the cabins are in sore need of it. My sister had a balcony cabin and this was betterbut still dated.