AARP Gift Cards

CountryCruiser

I know there are a bunch of threads talking about gift cards, but this is a different problem to be aware of. AARP has changed some security for ordering these. You cannot use a P.O. Box for shipping address. But your billing address on the credit card you use must match your shipping address. If all of your mail goes to a P.O. Box, good chance your credit card billing address is a P.O. Box. This makes it where you can't order the gift cards. I've tried many ways to fool the system. AARP help desk told me I had to use a credit card with a physical address for billing address. I can't do that.

I know there are a bunch of threads talking about gift cards, but this is a different problem to be aware of. AARP has changed some security for ordering these. You cannot use a P.O. Box for shipping address. But your billing address on the credit card you use must match your shipping address. If all of your mail goes to a P.O. Box, good chance your credit card billing address is a P.O. Box. This makes it where you can't order the gift cards. I've tried many ways to fool the system. AARP help desk told me I had to use a credit card with a physical address for billing address. I can't do that.
For the $500 denomination cards, they will be shipped via UPS. UPS does not deliver to P.O. Boxes. This is *NOT* a change.

Edited to add - This might not work for you, because your billing address for your credit card isn't the same, but it might be worth a try?

All my mail is delivered to a Post Office box. Recently, they have instituted a new thing that really helps out in this regard.

The post office gives us a physical address (their address) and that is followed up with your box number.

For instance:

7214 E. Washington Blvd

City, State, Zip Code

They will sign for the package.

Perhaps that is an option at your post office?

Edited by OddJob

That is in place to prevent CC fraud, please don't try and circumvent policies.

That is in place to prevent CC fraud, please don't try and circumvent policies.

I can figure out how to circumvent policies or just waste the points I have accumulated. I've bought 5 cards in the past few months with no problem. Now I can't buy one because they changed their policy.

Edited to add - This might not work for you, because your billing address for your credit card isn't the same, but it might be worth a try?

All my mail is delivered to a Post Office box. Recently, they have instituted a new thing that really helps out in this regard.

The post office gives us a physical address (their address) and that is followed up with your box number.

For instance:

7214 E. Washington Blvd

City, State, Zip Code

We do that as well. But it is not the best option for mail. And unfortunately, my credit card was set up several years ago before this became a problem and it has a P.O. Box as the mailing address.

For instance:

7214 E. Washington Blvd

City, State, Zip Code

Thank you for the idea. I actually went online and changed my credit card mailing address to this format and was able to order the card.