Use of Concierge??

akowilm

We are all booked in concierge cabins for our upcoming Silhouette cruise, we got a good deal on upgrades from our 1B's. In the past few years, we've cruised in Aqua. It seems that there is a new spin on the Concierge cabins, and that there is an actual dedicated concierge. What would we use the concierge for? We are a group of 10 in 5 cabins, and it would be helpful to have someone to arrange specialty dining, etc. for us. Is that something they could do? What about excursions? We have planned several private ones, but have other ports with no plans as of yet. Could the concierge assist with that or do we need to wait in line at the excursions desk? Thanks in advance for your replies!!

We are all booked in concierge cabins for our upcoming Silhouette cruise, we got a good deal on upgrades from our 1B's. In the past few years, we've cruised in Aqua. It seems that there is a new spin on the Concierge cabins, and that there is an actual dedicated concierge. What would we use the concierge for? We are a group of 10 in 5 cabins, and it would be helpful to have someone to arrange specialty dining, etc. for us. Is that something they could do? What about excursions? We have planned several private ones, but have other ports with no plans as of yet. Could the concierge assist with that or do we need to wait in line at the excursions desk? Thanks in advance for your replies!!

I used the Concierge host on my last cruise. Very seldom line-ups. Hours are posted. Used the concierge to make specialty dinner reservations, change some shore excursions etc. It was great not to have wait in the long lines.

On my next cruises, I will use the Concierge to book excursions, etc. to use up my OBC.

Just returned about a month ago, on the Silhouette for 10 days in the Med in a Concierge cabin. It seemed that everyday the concierge called us to give us info about something going on that day. I'm sure we were not the only ones, but we had no need for her service until the night before departure when we used her computer to check-in for our flight and print our boarding passes. The internet service that we paid for was so bad we weren't able to do it on our own devices. She complained that her wifi wasn't good also---of course she wasn't paying the exorbitant rates that we were!

It sounds like everything we would need is covered! We usually make 2 or 3 reservations for all 10 of us together in Murano and the Lawn Club, and we want to make sure we get alcoves on board and bungalows at the beach all together. I hadn't even considered flight info! Thanks!