Accessible cabins for transAtlantics

Dick in Falls Church

Daughter and son-in-law decided to grace us with their presence on a spring TA. Well, because of their schedule, there was a considerable delay in them finalizing their choice of RCCI or Celebrity and which ship would fit their time frame. They finally decided--and wanted a veranda. So I checked. None available on RCCI in any category. None available on Celebrity exceptonly Ocean View. Wow.

Emailed her to grab one now--she called and got the last one on the Eclipse.

I know in the past I've seen some accessibles assigned as guaranty.

• 2 months later...

Accessible cabins are for people who REALLY NEED one! People who just decide to take another cabin instead DO NOT NEED an accessible cabin! I am a full time wheelchair user and cannot walk, i need a bigger door, a roll in shower and more space to move around the bed! I cannot decide to just take another cabin! I checked 10 cruise for november and NONE had a free accessible cabin! And this was not the first time this happend! I am pretty sure most of people who book accessible cabins don't really need them...

I am really disappointed and angry to hear such statements...

Edited by Truebounty

Accessible cabins are for people who REALLY NEED one! People who just decide to take another cabin instead DO NOT NEED an accessible cabin! I am a full time wheelchair user and cannot walk, i need a bigger door, a roll in shower and more space to move around the bed! I cannot decide to just take another cabin! I checked 10 cruise for november and NONE had a free accessible cabin! And this was not the first time this happend! I am pretty sure most of people who book accessible cabins don't really need them...

I am really disappointed and angry to hear such statements...

I had to read to above posts twice to understand what you are so "angrily" replying to. Where in the world does anyone state that they booked or wanted an accessible cabin? :confused::confused::confused: The poster said they have seen a gty accessible available, but they booked an "oceanview".

Edited by champagne123
sssss

Then I misunderstood the "regular cabin" as an "normal cabin"!

I am very sorry then!

I read a lot about in forums and met people on cruises that just book accessible cabins because they are bigger... :-(

No problem. I was in a wheel-chair for 8 weeks with a broken leg and a scheduled cruise. Did not have an accessible cabin and found it very challenging. At least my situation was temporary. Feel bad for all of the permanently disabled folks with so many obstacles. Have a great day.:):):)