Refusing to take responsibility for damaged case - need help

Hello

So after a month the TUI customer services team can't determine when and where my suitcase was damaged, they are refusing to replace it. And it wasn't cheap and it was only it's second holiday.

The whole frame was twisted and cover ripped between me putting outside the cabin and the suitcase being collected by me before getting in the coach to the airport.

Anyone have the CEOs name please? He's going to get both barrels.

Thank you

Hi GelBel.

Dont see how thay can duck resposibilty during the trip from cabin to coach. Are they saying you took a dodgy suitcase in the first place!

I googled thomson holidays ceo and got Nick Longman but I doubt that even if you had his email it would still be screened and diverted to the complaints desk.

If you get nowhere with thomson complaints I think you might find an ABTA route, have a look in your booking email.

Even if there is a so called adjudicator, I think I would go for the small claims court because I'm pretty sure that these watchdog bodies are funded by the very companies we complain about.

Disgusting - how can they not take responsibility for damage to your case when it only travelled from your cabin to the dockside, which means it was still in their care - disgraceful You must persist with this Have you sent photos to Thomson? which I hope you took on the dockside on collection of your case

I had this problem on Spirit in October 2015. When I collected my case on the quayside the digital lock was broken. I reported it to the Thomson representative who was ticking names off a list and I asked her to report it to Reception which she did. When I got home I rang a Thomson number and said the damage had happened on the ship and I didn't see why I should have to pay the £60 insurance excess. I emailed a photo of the damage. Thomson were great. I just had to send the receipt for a new case and they reimbursed me.

I've emailed a form provided by Thomson at the port - signed for by them no less with photos of the damage. The damaged luggage company wouldn't touch it as they only deal with stuff damaged in-flight and it's that's a different form. That company referred my to Thomson's customer service team.

Ditto re insurance excess won't cover the cost of it by a country mile.

I've since found a UK MD - David Burling who will find a nice snotogram in his inbox tomorrow. He may well pass it on but it'll, very likely, be dealt by an executive complaints team. I'm more annoyed it's taken a month to get this far and all the time and effort involved. Then add in that the blooming thing is taking up valuable space (not putting it in the loft while this is going on) and really should've be thrown out by now.

Hello

So after a month the TUI customer services team can't determine when and where my suitcase was damaged, they are refusing to replace it. And it wasn't cheap and it was only it's second holiday.

The whole frame was twisted and cover ripped between me putting outside the cabin and the suitcase being collected by me before getting in the coach to the airport.

Anyone have the CEOs name please? He's going to get both barrels.

Thank you

I have a name and direct 'phone number for an individual who fields and investigates complaints - please text me your mobile number to 07835-932492 if you want to try there.