Visa advice please for UAE, Oman, India cruise

Bessbus

We are cruising on the Constellation on Nov 28th from Abu Dhabi, visiting Dubai, Oman and India. We have multiple entry visas for India but no visas for UAE or Oman. We are flying with Etihad from Edinburgh to Abu Dhabi and my understanding is that we will receive multiple entry tourist visas on arrival (we have British passports). We have booked a ships tour for Oman and I am assuming that the ship will organise the necessary visa. Any advice or help greatly appreciated. In particular is the obtaining of a UAE visa on arrival quite a smooth and quick process.

We are on the same cruise and according to my research into this you are right in what you say. We have multiple-entry visas for India, tourists to the UAE automatically receive a 30 day visa. UK tourists arriving in Oman via the UAE, as we are automatically get a visa here also but not sure if there is a small charge

We are cruising on the Constellation on Nov 28th from Abu Dhabi, visiting Dubai, Oman and India. We have multiple entry visas for India but no visas for UAE or Oman. We are flying with Etihad from Edinburgh to Abu Dhabi and my understanding is that we will receive multiple entry tourist visas on arrival (we have British passports). We have booked a ships tour for Oman and I am assuming that the ship will organise the necessary visa. Any advice or help greatly appreciated. In particular is the obtaining of a UAE visa on arrival quite a smooth and quick process.

We are currently on the Constellation and will be on the 11/28 leg also. The ship will take care of our UAE visa. I believe you can get a UAE 30 day visa at the airport.We did it a couple of years ago in Dubai and it was painless. Don't remember if there is a cost. The ship will take care of the Oman visa

Dear bubbachief

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my thread. I am happy that I will automatically receive a 30 day UAE tourist visa upon landing in Abu Dhabi airport. I am due to arrive on Saturday 26th November and have two days in Abu Dhabi before joining the ship. Good to know that the ship will organise a visa for Oman for our our one day visit there. I hope that you are currently enjoying the cruise.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, We did the UAE cruise in January and received a 30 day Visa at airport. For Oman, our passports were handed in at Checkin and when we received them back at the end of the cruise, their were Oman Visa stamps in them.

Hope this helps.

We did the cruise in Jan. When we arrived in the UAE our passports were just stamped as arrived. The guy at immigration was busy talking and joking with a Colleague. A couple of days later we did a day trip to Oman. When we arrived back In the UAE they stamped a 30 day visa in our passports. It was all strange but we had no problems then leaving Abu Dhabi and going back to Dubai.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Dear bubbachief

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my thread. I am happy that I will automatically receive a 30 day UAE tourist visa upon landing in Abu Dhabi airport. I am due to arrive on Saturday 26th November and have two days in Abu Dhabi before joining the ship. Good to know that the ship will organise a visa for Oman for our our one day visit there. I hope that you are currently enjoying the cruise.

You don't actually get a visa in Abu Dhabi just a stamp in your passport. When you check in for the ship your passports are taken and stamped for your arrival in Oman and given back to you in the last few days on ship. We were a bit confused on arrival at the airport as there is a desk for visas but UK citizens do not need one, just go straight to immigration desks. As you are staying pre cruise I would advise getting to the port well before noon if possible. It is only a small check in area and we didn't arrive till around 1pm and waited almost two hours in line and we have elite status but there was no separate line.