Dress Code Britannia 2nd Dec.....

blueboy183

We are going on the above cruise to the Caribbean, and its our first. I know gents can wear smart dark jeans but can the ladies do this with a nice top? Also Im not sure about all the excursions...we just want to find some beaches for most ports of call. Is it recommended to go and find our own way (and back!)

Hopefully you good people can help.....:)

Hello, welcome to cruising! I have to warn you that questions about dress code can turn into a bit of a 'bun fight' but hopefully that won't happen! I am going to assume you are talking about evening casual, the answer is yes you can both wear smart dark jeans and dress them up. This is less common on adult only ships in term time where you tend to get older passengers who don't wear jeans but on Britannia I think it will be more commonplace. I have certainly worn jeans with trendy tops and haven't felt out of place. With regard to excursions in the Caribbean there have been quite a few threads on this recently, which you might want to scroll/search on. There is also useful info in the ports of call pages. I think the one thing most people agree on is doing a Cosol tour in St Lucia http://www.cosol-tours.com

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes you can smart jeans and a smart top. I'm on the same cruise and did the same dates last year. The only Island I have found where you really need to do a trip, be it the ships or private. is St Vincent, never been myself but apparently its a bit of a bore according to other people I have spoken to.

St V is not a favourite of ours been a few times on one trip we did the visit to the churches which was quite nice the amazing glass window that Queen Victoria donated to them is a real experience when you consider how they transported it there. The other church as a school attached you can see the kids studying it was lovely.

For me that was the best visit we have had, every time we have had rain from a short downpour to constant but it's still a lovely island that appears to be very poor. Yes I agree a trip is really needed and I think then you would see a very different St V and that is what we will do if we find our selves there again.

We are going on the above cruise to the Caribbean, and its our first. I know gents can wear smart dark jeans but can the ladies do this with a nice top? Also Im not sure about all the excursions...we just want to find some beaches for most ports of call. Is it recommended to go and find our own way (and back!)

Hopefully you good people can help.....:)

If you mainly want to do beaches you definitely won't need to book tours. In nearly all the ports you're going to, there will be taxis waiting with drivers who will take you to their nearest or who can recommend a really good beach. They usually fill up the taxi van so the cost is kept to a minimum.

Don't forget to come to an agreement with the taxi driver whereby you pay on the way back. Just arrange a pick up time otherwise you may get left stranded there. You would not be the first.

Sent from my iPad using Forums