Cabin Availability

babs135

Ok, so I'm looking at a 6 nights cruise to the Med in June on the Queen Victoria but the site I'm on is showing that all inside cabins are sold out. However, if I wish to avail myself of the 9 nights or longer cruises (same starting date, extra cruise days at the end) there are cabins available!!

How does this work?

It appears that Cunard has blocked in those cabins for the 9 nights. It's a business decision. They don't want them booked for just 6 nights and then be empty for the other 3 nights. (It's probably harder to sell just 3 nights instead of 6 or 9.) They might be released for just 6 nights closer to sailing.

It appears that Cunard has blocked in those cabins for the 9 nights. It's a business decision. They don't want them booked for just 6 nights and then be empty for the other 3 nights. (It's probably harder to sell just 3 nights instead of 6 or 9.) They might be released for just 6 nights closer to sailing.

Thanks for the quick reply. It would appear that with this particular cruise out of Southampton you have the choice of 6 nights ending in Barcelona, 9 nights ending in Rome and 16 nights ending in Venice!! Tucked in the middle of this is Barcelona to Venice :eek:

I would have thought it was a logistical nightmare :eek:

Anyway, time to start working on DH that I like the sound of the 16 nights :D:D