St Thomas to St. John

Nanny8

I highly recommend taking the ship excursion ferry over to St. Johns. As others have mentioned, the ferry leaves a short walk from where the ship is docked – no fighting traffic before or after. Tons of cabs if you want to do your own thing once there.

Warning: You may get wet :D

snorkel.jpg.a01b953628c97fd2b6c3eba1341556a8.jpg

I highly recommend taking the ship excursion ferry over to St. Johns. As others have mentioned, the ferry leaves a short walk from where the ship is docked – no fighting traffic before or after. Tons of cabs if you want to do your own thing once there.

Warning: You may get wet :D

I always take the ferry from Red Hook. Done it often. What I have noticed is that the ship excursion arrives at Trunk Bay after we have arrived there leaves Trunk Bay before we leave to catch the 2:00 ferry back to Red Hook. So I think doing it on your own is better.

Everyone should do St. John once because it is a US National Park and is beautiful but for those who don't want to spend time on boats there are some wonderful beaches on St. Thomas. Sapphire Beach is one I would recommend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

The St. John Island tour is listed as one of the options for St. Thomas excursions on our 2/18/2017 Summit sailing. I would call and see if they are offering it for your date. SanJuan is one of our stops and it's only showing 4 available excursions. That doesn't sound right so they might be having problems with their web site. I know, web site problems, shocking.

We've done it on our own two or three times and it is easy, but see if the Celebrity St. John On Your Own excursion is available for your cruise. It leaves from the ship area and drops you off at the ferry dock on St. John, and then takes you back. The cost is pretty close to doing it on your own.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/plan-a-cruise/shore-excursions/productDetails?productCode=STO3&productId=100000002726025150