How many bags can I take?

Hootchiemama

As many as will fit in your cabin. However, for a 14 + 4 day trip why do you need so much?

We have been on trips where the weather ranged from snow in a big city to warmth at the Equator.

Try to fit all the clothes and coats for that in just one suitcase.

I always laugh at the people who think it is a badge of personal honour, or distinction or something....to go on a cruise (or any vacation) with all their worldly goods packed in a shopping bag.

We usually take at least a full-sized suitcase each. Plus a carry-on or two. They fit fine under the beds....and we never have a problem finding storage for clothes and shoes. I can use the laundry, but I prefer not to. It is our problem if we have to heave them around anywhere else.

..and if you have status on the airline, you don't pay for bags.

I don't know about Canada, but in the US most of us seldom fly on the same airline unless a business( someone else's money) is paying for the flight. We have "status" on AA and Delta, but it is getting more difficult to avoid baggage fees. Especially when a Jet Blue fight will get you home without a three hour layover in an airport.

I think the cost of flying baggage is the driving factor for most to pack in one 27 inch bag under 50 lbs. and one carry on for domestic flights. That will get you by on many airlines.

OTOH, take a look at Frontier Airlines. Cheap, cheap flights until you add in the baggage fees. Wow !

At any rate, to each their own. I like the free(for Elite) laundry service on X, and schlepping luggage around is one of the things I dislike most.

Husband and I are sailing on solstice on Monday 14 November. We're wondering how many suitcases we can take on board. We think we're going to have 3 large suitcases and a overnight bag. Wondering if this will be allowed?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Each guest is permitted to carry a reasonable amount of personal property (including luggage) aboard the vessel; however, for your comfort and convenience, it is recommended that you limit the number of pieces you take.

Keep in mind that airlines may charge for excess or oversize luggage. Charges incurred for excess or oversize baggage are the sole responsibility of the passenger. Each airline has a different limit on the amount of luggage they allow. Check with your air carrier for specific restrictions, such as allowance of pounds and any additional charges.

It is a good idea for guests to pack a small carry-on bag with their travel documents, a change of clothes, bathing suit and any medications they may need. That way they don't have to wait for their checked bags to arrive in their stateroom. This is also helpful for the last night at sea. Staff collects the guest's bags the night before they leave the ship so an overnight bag to carry off night clothes and toiletries is recommended.

Luggage may be locked ONLY with a TSA approved lock.

Any carry-on luggage must be able to fit through the x-ray screening machines. These machines vary in size from port to port, however generally they are similar to those found at airport security check points. Guests wishing to carry their luggage with them during boarding should note that their stateroom may not be immediately available to store their luggage.

Travel lighter, travel happier. We have traveled much of this planet, and yes we started out BIG, unnecessary clothes and gear. Now we travel light, not as light as a backpacker, but if we, after much research about our destinations, find we did not pack the right thing, we just buy it.

Husband and I are sailing on solstice on Monday 14 November. We're wondering how many suitcases we can take on board. We think we're going to have 3 large suitcases and a overnight bag. Wondering if this will be allowed?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

All those suitcases , how many days?