Princess St. Maarten Excursions

soozaay

Does anyone have any suggestions on what shore excursions are good (or not) in St. Maarten? We've never been.

Thanks!

Susie & Harry

Days Until Our 1st Anniversary Cruise on the Caribbean Princess...

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&prgb=32CD32&cdt=2004;09;25;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Navigator of the Seas BACK-TO-BACK! 5/31/03 & 6/7/03 (Honeymoon!)

Enchantment of the Seas 11/4/01 (Got Engaged!)

A Bad of Cruising is Better than a Good Day at Work!

We love the "French Riviera of the Caribbean" excursion to Orient Beach. This excursion includes a tour bus and guide through Dutch St. Maarten to French St. Martin, lunch and a drink, a beach chair. For a small fee, you can rent a beach umbrella. This is a beautiful beach. Be forewarned that it is a clothing optional beach and you will see nude and partially nude people there. After the initial shock/amusement, it is no longer a big deal. On the way back to the ship, you can request being dropped off on Front St. where you can shop. St. Maarten has better prices than St. Thomas IMHO. After shopping, you can take a water taxi back to the ship for just a few dollars.

Hi Susie and Harry,

We were on the CP for the APR 24 sailing. We had been to St. Maarten before and fully agree that you should take a trip or tour to Orient Beach. It's really nice.

This time however, we chose the Americas Cup Regatta excursion. THIS WAS GREAT. If you are boating (especially sailing) enthusiasts, you'll love it. You get to crew on actual 12M yachts that were used in past Americas Cup races. We were actually on the Stars and Stripes yacht that Dennis Conner won with. You have the choice of being part of the crew or just sitting back and enjoying the ride. Highly recommended!!

Have a great cruise!!

Spencer

Majesty of the Seas

Monarch of the Seas

Ecstasy

Victory

Caribbean Princess

Enjoyed the Rhino Riders on our last trip in April. This might not suit everyone but we had a very memorable experience. They take 2 people and can move very fast. Little chance of the Rhino Rider tipping over but hang on tight.

Previously on St Maarten we did the Pinel Island tour. Had a good time but were a bit disappointed with the snorkelling.

Thanks!

Keep 'em comin!

Susie & Harry

I thought that I read somewhere on this board that Everything's Cool (or something like that) was going to be closed for renovations...does anyone know if this is true and when they will be re-opening? I've heard some good things about that place too.

Susie & Harry

If you have been to the Orient Beach (awesome) . . . Everything Cool beach is any thing but cool.

There is no comparison . . .Orient has a huge beautiful beach, awesome view, great food/drink footsteps away, do I need say more. The only other suggestion I could make is save your $ & take a cab to Orient Beach on your own . . . If you have a group of 4 which will work great in the cab your pricing will end up being about 1/2 of what the cruise line will charge.

You can still get your own chairs (2 for $15 for the day) & eat @ many wonderful beach front resturants . . . but the best thing is you're on your own time!! Island Time!!

Enjoy!

Laurie

I second Lauries post. We were only 2, but we just waited at the taxi stand till more people showed up( less than 5 minutes) who wanted to go to Orient beach and got in the taxi( which a van really) with them so we paid the group rate.There was a fellow co-ordinating the taxis and we just said we where we wanted to go, then he told us which taxstand to go to, and then( it is all listed on a sign) we said we wanted the cheaper rate, he was very cool about that.

Wejust walked around the town and shopped on our own( booze was cheaper there than St Thomas)

I just got my documents yesterday and the Everyt'ing's Cool is definitely cancelled for my sailing (June 27, 2004). Hope this helps.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by soozaay:

I thought that I read somewhere on this board that Everything's Cool (or something like that) was going to be closed for renovations...does anyone know if this is true and when they will be re-opening? I've heard some good things about that place too.

Susie & Harry

http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&prgb=32CD32&cdt=2004;09;25;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

A Bad of Cruising is Better than a Good Day at Work!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We are a family of four sailing on CP 7/24. I wanted to do both Orient Beach and shopping but hate to go shopping all sandy from the beach, so here is my thought, go shopping first (before it gets hotter) go back to the ship, leave our purchases, have lunch on board then off to Orient Beach.

Can anyone tell me how far the shopping is from the ship and if Front Street is "the place" to shop there? Also does this sound like a feasible plan?

Thanks for all your help.

Wendy icon_eek.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2003;5;17;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Add another vote to the America's Cup Regatta. It's quite an experience!

Completed:

Sea Princess, Royal Princess, Grand Princess (3X), Caribbean Princess, Golden Princess

Coming up:

Tahitian Princess Oct 14/04

Caribbean Princess redux 6/25/05

I know I am in the minority, but we skip shopping in the stores -- it is all so similar to home. Maybe better prices, but when time is limited as when in port on a cruise, I want to see something other than the inside of stores. I do enjoy a brief visit to an open air native market, tho.

Orient Beach gets my vote hands down on what to do in St Maarten. It is wonderful!!

Gloria

Grand Princess, Eastern, April 2001

Grand Princess, Western,April 2002

Regal to Hawaii, April 5-20, 2004

Thanks everyone....We'll probably do the taxi to Orient Beach and some booze shopping (since it's supposedly cheaper here than in St. Thomas). Does anyone have a link or links to photos of Orient Beach?

Thanks again!

Susie & Harry

A Bad Day of Cruising is Better than a Good Day at Work!

Hi!

We went to Everyting's Cool and were dissapointed. It's o.k., but that is about it and you can walk there easily. We hired a taxi with another couple for a quick island tour, which cost us a total of $40.00 for all of us including the tip. Orient Beach is beautful, lot's of really tan people! icon_eek.gifBe careful shopping for booze if you want it delivered to the ship, be sure to ask about the recommended stores. Have fun!

Schultzy in California icon_cool.gif

I have been to Orient Beach and it is in fact a lovely place.

However, last July, I returned to St Maarten again on the Grand and I opted for the Americas Cup Regatta excursion. It was absolutely the best experience ever. And I tend to get seasick on smaller vessels.

When choosing your excursion, figure out if you can find a lovely beach elsewhere before you pass up on this wonderful Regatta which is not offered in most places. Try St. John in St. Thomas as a possibility.

That would be my suggestion.

We did the Under Two Flags tour in April and were not very impressed. I would have preferred hiring a taxi so we could make stops when we wanted to and so we could get a more personalized tour.

The Golden Eagle Catamaran is one of our favorites. It also leaves time for a walk through town or a bit of shopping on the way back to the ship. Have fun!

Tahitian Princess 10/14/04

RCI-Legend of the Seas 3/27/05 Panama Canal.

One Phantom Booking still open with Princess.

I did the kayak excursion in Simpson Bay Lagoon. It was really neat. I'm not in the best shape, not in the worst shape, but a little muscle pain didn't bother me. I don't know if I would recommend this for children though because it is a lot of work for them. There were some other people in their mid 20s to early 30s and they were in good shape and had the best time at it. I'm going to be honest there were no men over 220 lbs and no women over 200 lbs on that trip. Not meaning to discourage just being realistic.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Dawn Princess 04/11/2004 ~ Southern Caribbean

Caribbean Princess 08/14/2004 ~ Eastern Caribbean

I second Toto2Kansas. The Golden Eagle is incredible and gives you a great ride, food and drink and snorkel or beach time on Tintamarre. We thought it one of the best parts of our last cruise and plan to go again when we are on the CP in Sept.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2003;5;11;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Norway 5/11

>>so here is my thought, go shopping first (before it gets hotter) go back to the ship, leave our purchases, have lunch on board then off to Orient Beach.<<

Sally and I did exactly this and it worked out great. There is a boat taxi near the ships that will take you to town in five minutes and bring you back as well. There are two taxi stops in town, one on each end. So start shopping on one end, then get back on the taxi at the other end. We had more than enough time to shop and enjoy Orient beach.

One note, most shops don't open until 9:00.

Sally and Kevin

Anyone had any experience on the Pinel Island Beach and Snorkel tour? It looks pretty popular and is sold out on our 6/26 cruise.

We have been to Orient Beach and it is great! Specifically, I recommend the Bikini Beach area--it seemed to be right in the middle of everything.

Archived