An Honest Critique of my first TA on Reflection 10/21-11/5

bonecrusha

I was wondering how the entertainment troupes work. Are they all on a contract together? I was thinking that if they are all on separate contracts then there are new dancers coming in and out constantly, and if there are different shows on different ships then wouldn't a dancer have to learn the acts on their new ship awfully quickly?

There are many different entertainment "groups" on a ship - e.g. production show and band, solo evening acts, speakers, lounge performers, etc.

The production show performers and the band are an integral group. They stay together for the length of the contract. The shows are choreographed and practiced on land before being contracted by Celebrity. Sometimes these production shows will be the same on different ship but with different performers (they may have many different troupes performing the same show). Sometimes they will be different shows on other ships. These production shows are contracted through a large company(s) that will provide production shows for various cruise lines.

All the other entertainers work by themselves on separate contracts. Their contract may be for one cruise, a fixed number of cruises, or for a fixed number of months. Again, they are booked through land based companies who provide entertainment for the cruise industry. You can Google who these companies are.

How do I know this? I checked into "auditioning" for one of these companies but never went through with it. The terms of the contract didn't ft my needs.

How do I know this? I checked into "auditioning" for one of these companies but never went through with it. The terms of the contract didn't ft my needs.

El,

Very nice and informative post. Thank you. :)