Scooter Rental On Ship

payitforward

Hi All,

If I'm renting a scooter on the ship, I know it's supposed to be waiting for me in my cabin, but have a few questions:

1.) Can I get it before the cabins open at 1pm?

2.) Should I bring a cane or walker to help with the boarding process/until I can get the scooter?

3.) Does anyone have any other suggestions for someone who can walk, but not too far and cannot stand for too long?

Thanks in Advance.

Hi All,

If I'm renting a scooter on the ship, I know it's supposed to be waiting for me in my cabin, but have a few questions:

1.) Can I get it before the cabins open at 1pm?

2.) Should I bring a cane or walker to help with the boarding process/until I can get the scooter?

3.) Does anyone have any other suggestions for someone who can walk, but not too far and cannot stand for too long?

Thanks in Advance.

There will be staff available to transport you to the ship if you need the help. They will right at the drop off point . You don't say which cruise line , that would get you a better answer. Princess doesn't start boarding until cabins are ready. Scooters are supplied by external companies not the cruise line.

Edited by Kamloops50

There will be staff available to transport you to the ship if you need the help. They will right at the drop off point . You don't say which cruise line , that would get you a better answer. Princess doesn't start boarding until cabins are ready. Scooters are supplied by external companies not the cruise line.

Thanks. I'm on Royal Caribbean's Allure.

Hi All,

1.) Can I get it before the cabins open at 1pm? ;

The rental contract states that the scooter will be delivered to the cabin by 2:00 PM. Ships provisions take priority in boarding so sometimes the rental scooters are delayed. You can always try to check the cabin before 1pm but know that you may not be allowed to go to your cabin before that time and if you are the scooter may not have been delivered yet.

The cruise line will provide wheelchair assistance on embarkation day and disembarkation day. The wheelchair will not be left with you upon boarding. Instead you will be dropped off in a public area of your choosing. Therefore would most definitelty bring a cane or walker so you than can get to your cabin. if you are doing a pre-cruise stay you might consider having the scootered delivered to the hotel so you have it at the time of boarding.

Thanks in Advance.

Request wheelchair assistance when your arrive inside the port terminal.

Edited by xxoocruiser

I cruised on Oasis 3 years ago and rented a scooter. I was not able to get my scooter until the cabins were ready, although we were able to board a couplee of hours before that. (I was glad I had gotten tips from the board here on places to see and things to do while waiting.) We boarded at Ft. Lauderdale and the handicap boarding services were wonderful. As soon as they saw me in a wheelchair, they directed me to the handicap boarding "line" where I only had to wait about 30 seconds before they started my registration. I have been told that they have a limited number of wheelchairs they can use for embarking/disembarking only but I do not know about that from personal experience - I'd suggest calling the accessible department for more information. What port are you sailing from/to? At Fort Lauderdale, if you have limited ability to walk, you will definitely need help. It was a fair distance from the registration desk to the ramp to the ship, and the ramp itself had 4 levels, each not much less than a standard flight of stairs.