Booking Next Cruise on Ship?

travelfeen78

Yes, but you don't actually have to book the cruise...especially if you aren't sure what you want. You purchase a future cruise certificate which will give you a 10% discount on the cruise fare portion of the ticket good on most cruises for the next 2 years. You also get an onboard credit on cruises of 7 nights or more. There are some blackout dates when the "deal" is not available.

I believe the cost is $250 per cabin, but this could have changed.

Yes' date=' but you don't actually have to book the cruise...especially if you aren't sure what you want. You purchase a future cruise certificate which will give you a 10% discount on the cruise fare portion of the ticket good on most cruises for the next 2 years. You also get an onboard credit on cruises of 7 nights or more. There are some blackout dates when the "deal" is not available.

I believe the cost is $250 per cabin, but this could have changed.[/quote']

Awesome to know! I thought we booked.

You CAN book if you know what you want, but you can also just do the "future cruise" thing. If you don't use it within the 2 years, it will be refunded the same way you paid for it. That means credit card if you use one, check if you do that, gift card if you do that. SO keep the cards. You can get the money back without them, but it is a LOT harder. And the 2 years is 2 years to the day.

is it limited to only one room?

that is, if i'm in one stateroom on the current cruise am i limited to only one stateroom for the future cruise discount, or am i allowed additional rooms?

It is my understanding that each current passenger can book two rooms on the same future cruise. The passenger making the booking must be booked into one of those cabins, but the other cabin can be occupied by someone who was not on that cruise with you.

It is not possible to book more than one future cruise (i.e. only one sailing date) at the discounted price. It is possible to book multiple future cruises at full price.

It is my understanding that each current passenger can book two rooms on the same future cruise. The passenger making the booking must be booked into one of those cabins, but the other cabin can be occupied by someone who was not on that cruise with you.

It is not possible to book more than one future cruise (i.e. only one sailing date) at the discounted price. It is possible to book multiple future cruises at full price.

good to know! thanks!

Hi all,

First time traveling on DCL in January. I have heard that if I book my next cruise before disembarking I can get a small discount. Is this true?

Thanks,

I agree, that things can change, but the current Onboard booking offer is:

You can book up to 2 rooms on the same future cruise and receive the OBB perks on both rooms.

For cruises of 7 nights & longer - 10% deposit. Shorter cruises remain 20% deposit.

10% discount on cruise fare.

Onboard credit of $100 for cruises of less than 7 nights, $200 OBC for 7 nights and longer.

Available on categories of 4-11 only.

You can book additional future cruises while onboard, but only one cruise wiil get the OBB perks.

At least one adult name on the future cruise must remain the same to keep the perks, if changing names on the rooms.

The future cruise must begin with 24 months of the date you make the deposit onboard.

If you don't know for sure what specific cruise day you want, you can book a placeholder for $250 per room (2 room max). The future cruise must be within 24 months.

There are black out dates.