Booking the cruise through Verizon

Noel182002

I just checked out a cruise for 2018...a savings of $175 but it appears the fare is non refundable...

That's an early saver rate, which is what their website always quotes as the price. It would be non refundable if you booked that rate through Verizon or Carnival direct or anyone.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

That's an early saver rate, which is what their website always quotes as the price. It would be non refundable if you booked that rate through Verizon or Carnival direct or anyone.

Thanks...maybe I did not go far enough to see other rates....

How do I see other rates ...?

How do I see other rates ...?

Doesn't look like you can book any other rate through Verizon's website. I did a mock booking just now to be sure. They may only offer cruises with Carnival under the early saver rate since their rate is further reduced. I would advise taking the number down that was posted upthread and giving them a call.

• 5 months later...

Please keep in mind that if you do book with Verizon, you have to go through them for everything. We did, and had a couple issues. They had spelled our last name wrong, and we also got double charged for our gratuities.

Carnival would not talk to us directly for either change. We had to contact Verizon for each issue, and it took several tries to get it all straightened out. Eventually it was all corrected, but for us the loss of control of our booking makes us never book through Verizon again.

Also, the booking had to be paid in full up front. No way for us to make payments. For us, lesson learned, we will always book through Carnival from now on.

Please keep in mind that if you do book with Verizon, you have to go through them for everything. We did, and had a couple issues. They had spelled our last name wrong, and we also got double charged for our gratuities.

Carnival would not talk to us directly for either change. We had to contact Verizon for each issue, and it took several tries to get it all straightened out. Eventually it was all corrected, but for us the loss of control of our booking makes us never book through Verizon again.

Also, the booking had to be paid in full up front. No way for us to make payments. For us, lesson learned, we will always book through Carnival from now on.

This was not the case for us and we went in February of this year. We were able to book with the same deposit the Carnival site was offering and make payments with a deadline 3 months before we cruised. Maybe if you book too close to departure you have to pay it all upfront? When we booked through Verizon, the only thing we couldn't do was make payments through Carnival. We were still able to link our reservation to Carnival's site, book excursions, purchase Cheers - all of those things we did through Carnival's site using Carnival gift cards.