Comedians & Platinum Gift

saherri

There is a fb page for comedians schedule which gives partial info. I usually just ask JH for that info.

Free gift has been the infamous sun visor.

The infamous sun visor....is that the one that looks like it was made out of the same material as crocs? I thought they looked nice and I was wondering where I could get one...

The infamous sun visor....is that the one that looks like it was made out of the same material as crocs? I thought they looked nice and I was wondering where I could get one...

I'll be happy to send you the one I get on the Glory next month if it is still the gift.

The platinum gift on Carnival Dream on the 10/23 cruise was the Croc(like) sun visor. I was happy to see it at least had padding in the front to absorb perspiration. However, the sun visors stayed in the cabin when we disembarked.

Take care,

Mike

Is there a place to find out what comedians will be on our cruise on Nov 20th on the Dream? Also, does anyone know what the free gift is for platinum guest? Thanks for your help!

According to the facebook page....Russ Nagel, Kelly Terranova, and Valarie Storm.

Well we are hoping that next week on the Magic they have passed thru the visor and are doing the charger. Much more useful a gift

On the Vista TA, J. Heald hosted a q&a and this came up. He conceded Carnival blew it with with the visors.....no if ands or butts, just a bad choice.

However he did also say they were "working on" a new gift, but did not give details. The usb charge is sort of an interim gift until the new one's are available. FWIW.

On the Vista TA, J. Heald hosted a q&a and this came up. He conceded Carnival blew it with with the visors.....no if ands or butts, just a bad choice.

However he did also say they were "working on" a new gift, but did not give details. The usb charge is sort of an interim gift until the new one's are available. FWIW.

Glad he was honest about it, the charger though seems like a useful gift

Glad he was honest about it' date=' the charger though seems like a useful gift[/quote']

Not sure he had much choice but to be honest, those visors were pitiful. But, I was surprised, saw a bunch of folks wearing them that must have gotten them on a previous cruise....stylish...not!!

Hope it's a good one at the end of January

I cruise for creme brûlée, lobster and warm chocolate melting cake!

We were on the Vista Transatlantic. We received the USB chargers. We didn't need them so I went to Guest Services. I struck up a conversation with a young man from Massachusetts (Boston) and we reminisced about the city. I asked, very politely, if I could exchange our gifts for Tervis Tumblers. He asked me if I'd like a visor, or more than 300 of them, as that was how many they had. (Platinum and Diamond passengers on the last Mediterranean cruise received visors and there were still over 300 left. :eek:) I politely declined and received the last two Tervis Tumblers. Yay! The woman in line behind me asked if she could have a couple of the visors for her grandkids. Another Guest Services agent also offered her all 300+. Come to find out that anyone, regardless of which color card, was able to get visors just for the asking.

I bet if you go to GS and ask, you'll be offered the entire stock on ship. :D

We were on the Vista Transatlantic. We received the USB chargers. We didn't need them so I went to Guest Services. I struck up a conversation with a young man from Massachusetts (Boston) and we reminisced about the city. I asked, very politely, if I could exchange our gifts for Tervis Tumblers. He asked me if I'd like a visor, or more than 300 of them, as that was how many they had. (Platinum and Diamond passengers on the last Mediterranean cruise received visors and there were still over 300 left. :eek:) I politely declined and received the last two Tervis Tumblers. Yay! The woman in line behind me asked if she could have a couple of the visors for her grandkids. Another Guest Services agent also offered her all 300+. Come to find out that anyone, regardless of which color card, was able to get visors just for the asking.

I bet if you go to GS and ask, you'll be offered the entire stock on ship. :D

Funny, great gift to give the grandkids!