Setting up the sofa bed on the ship

danny6514

We currently have two rooms booked on our upcoming cruise on the Getaway. My brother in the other room is worried that our dad's snore is going to be overwhelming and asked if it's possible to set up the sofa bed in our room should that become necessary. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Edited by danny6514

Do you have a balcony cabin, I assume yes as the inside cabins don't have sofas. But I see no problem with that at all, the sofa is always a sofa bed (that I know of). You would just need to ask your room steward to make it up for you, I'm sure they would.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am not really sure that shoving dad on the sofa would make a big difference. It would maybe move him an additional 5 feet from his original bed. The standard room are only about 150 sq feet. When the sofa bed is extended the room is literally wall to wall bed.

Here is the room with two beds with the sofa in the background. If you really think those additional few feet will make a difference then by all means go for it and ask for the sofa being made up. This isn't like a traditional room where the lounge/sitting area is significantly away from the sleeping quarters.

27969220952_ab0c2d3020.jpg

Edited by nolatravelgirl

I am not really sure that shoving dad on the sofa would make a big difference. It would maybe move him an additional 5 feet from his original bed. The standard room are only about 150 sq feet. When the sofa bed is extended the room is literally wall to wall bed.

Here is the room with two beds with the sofa in the background. If you really think those additional few feet will make a difference then by all means go for it and ask for the sofa being made up. This isn't like a traditional room where the lounge/sitting area is significantly away from the sleeping quarters.

27969220952_ab0c2d3020.jpg

OP said they have 2 rooms booked and are asking about the brother leaving the room dad is in and coming into their room on the sofa bed if the snoring gets too bad.

OP said they have 2 rooms booked and are asking about the brother leaving the room dad is in and coming into their room on the sofa bed if the snoring gets too bad.
Even with that additional information and yes my picture is not of the same ship but the room size is the same and when you pull out the sofa the room is literally all bed. If three adults want to sleep like that then great.

Even with that additional information and yes my picture is not of the same ship but the room size is the same and when you pull out the sofa the room is literally all bed. If three adults want to sleep like that then great.

I'm not sure if you are fully understanding OP's situation? OP and family have two rooms booked. OP is in one of the rooms with another family member. In the other room, there is OP's dad and brother. OP's brother says that dad snores so wants to sleep on the couch of OP's room.

Yes, when the couch is made into a bed, there isn't much room left in the room for walking around. But even when the couch is made into a couch, there isn't much room for walking around. It's not a luxurious suite like on land. It's a balcony cabin on a cruise ship.

There are only two choices here for OP's brother: 1) sleep on pull out sofa bed, or 2) suffer through the snoring of dad. If the snoring is that loud that it would be disruptive, I'd take sleeping on a sofa bed in another room any day.

I'm not sure if you are fully understanding OP's situation? OP and family have two rooms booked. OP is in one of the rooms with another family member. In the other room, there is OP's dad and brother. OP's brother says that dad snores so wants to sleep on the couch of OP's room.

Yes, when the couch is made into a bed, there isn't much room left in the room for walking around. But even when the couch is made into a couch, there isn't much room for walking around. It's not a luxurious suite like on land. It's a balcony cabin on a cruise ship.

There are only two choices here for OP's brother: 1) sleep on pull out sofa bed, or 2) suffer through the snoring of dad. If the snoring is that loud that it would be disruptive, I'd take sleeping on a sofa bed in another room any day.

Exactly! :D