porting at road town

DAVEP79

The popular off-the-beach snorkel spot is Brewers Bay, $8pp taxi each way, one beach bar. Nicole's rents lounges but not sure about snorkel gear if you need that?

Virgin Gorda is another option, Spring Bay and other spots are very good for snorkeling. Ferry is 30 min each way and $30pp roundtrip, short taxi to the snorkel spots.

The best snorkeling is off a cat at sites like the Indians and Norman Island, take a look at some of the operators like Aristocat Charters, Patouche, and Kuralu to see if any interest you.

Sorry, yes a catamaran is a two or more hull sailboat that takes you to different snorkel spots or other BVI islands. Typically you can choose between a snorkel sail to the Indians, the RMS Rhone wreck, Normal Island, Cooper Island or Marina Cay, for example, or another that goes to White Bay, Jost Van Dyke for beach time at the Soggy $ Bar, and a stop at Sandy Spit and perhaps a snorkel stop at Green Cay. Lunch is usually included along with drinks, life vests, and snorkel gear.

I can't think of anyplace starting with "A" other than Anegada which is an island too faw for a day visitor to visit - anyone else?

thats the place i was talking about so its to far away....thanks for the help will pass along to the wifey and see what she wants to do

Yes sorry, the ferry isn't an option because it departs Road Town before you dock, and only goes on Mon, Wed, & Fri.

You could hire a private charter but it would be fairly expensive.

I didn't mention the Baths on Virgin Gorda but that's another popular excursion on your own or through the ship. We've enjoyed the day visiting the Baths and other beaches on VG. Just a 30 min, $30pp roundtrip ferry and taxis are waiting at the ferry dock to take you where you want to go and are very reasonable.

There are several threads here on that if you want to look at it. Tortola is also beautiful, just depends on what you're interested in! :)

[EDIT] It sounds like you'd enjoy a nice daysail with snorkeling, if so take a look at the operators I mentioned to see if any interest you and if so contact them asap because you're very close. Otherwise Brewers Bay is a great beach choice.

I meant to mention Marina Cay as well. That's away from where most of the day visitors go and is a nice day. You'd taxi to Trellis Bay (Aragorn pottery shop is there) and take the free, short ferry to Marina Cay. Great spot to relax with an old Caribbean feel, and Pusser's Pub is there for food and drink. Google that to see if that works for you too.

Edited by blue_water

so talked to the wife we are gonna snorkel in coki beach and see magens bay in st johns so in tortola we want do something eciting like zip line or parasail something like that

Ok - see my reply o your post on the STT forum.

There is a zip line operator that you can google, no parasailing I'm aware of.