Fantasy porthole cabins?

Mr & Mrs Happy

We enjoy porthole cabins' date=' You get plenty of light and some the cabins are a little larger. We did a Panama Canal cruise in a porthole cabin on the Imagination and it was just fine for for a 16 day cruise.[/quote']

What room did you have? My PVP selected what a previous client was a larger porthole for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wouldn't pay extra for it, but we did have one on the Breeze. It was so affordable and provided more space than an regular 1A or interior. I don't think we will book one again just because my mother got seasick from the motion all the way in the front, but it was a good cabin. I suggest booking an oceanview if the price isn't drastically different to get that full "ocean" view. Enjoy the Fantasy!!! It got me hooked on cruising.

First cruise was porthole on fantasy class (Elation). It was in the front of the ship on the bottom deck. Anchor was loud on port days. And it's a hike if you want to do anything at the back of the ship on a high deck. Once went to a show in the back of the ship and realized I forgot my glasses in the room. That was a workout walking there and back twice. I prefer higher decks now so unlikely I'd book it again.

Here's the anchor noise.

Edited by Saint Greg

I'm looking to book a cruise in May on the Fantasy since Mobile is only an hour drive from us.

Since balcony's aren't offered, are the porthole cabins o.k.? Especially being at the front of the ship?

Our very first ever cruise was on the Fantasy in 1999 and we had a porthole cabin (this was before we discovered the bliss of the aft extended balcony cabins!). Our cabin had recessed area around the porthole that was big enough for my wife to sit in and pose for pictures. We liked that cabin and as long as you're not prone to motion sickness the bow cabins are great. We slept like babies which amazed us since we'd never cruised before. ENJOY!!

Edited by Le Cruiser

Personally, I find that the portholes are too small and the wall is so thick -so your view is extremely limited unless you are standing right up against the window. I prefer the cabins that have a full window which is considerably larger than a porthole.