Port Canaveral Questions

travellover9800

First time poster here! I am so excited to be going on a Carnival cruise out of Port Canaveral on April 30 with my husband. It will be my first cruise in about 15 years, and my first time in Orlando since I was a toddler. I'm hoping that someone here can give me some advice, because I haven't been able to find much doing research. We will return back to Port Canaveral on a Thursday morning, and we plan on going straight from the port to the Royal Pacific hotel at Universal Studios, where we will spend an additional two days. My question is regarding transportation. We had thought about doing the Carnival shuttle from Orlando International Airport the morning of the cruise, but does anyone have any recommendations on getting from the port to Universal? I've looked at some of the various companies in Orlando, but they all seem to just offer shuttles from the airport to the port and back. I don't mind paying a little bit more, as long as it is fast and reliable. We want to have as close to a full day as possible at Universal. Thanks so much!

Is a rental car possible? Many find it less expensive and more convenient that shuttle services.

I would also suggest you post your transportation question in the Florida Departures forum here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Lots of folks there with experience in the area.

cbshuttle.com if a rental ain't something you want to do

p.s. most transportation companies will do what you want but it may not be reflected on their web site .... this is the case with the example I gave. With CB if you look at the reservations page, you see more is available ....

I suggest a phone call and talking to a people!

p.s.

if you do rent a car be aware that the primary route from the port to Orlando is a toll road ..... which introduces another set of concerns. Your tolls are $4.25 all together if I'm remembering right: 2 x $1 and 1 x $2.25 (this just changed recently) ... but a MISSED TOLL in a rental can be expensive depending on the rental company.

See: https://www.sunpass.com/rentalcar

Edited by Capt_BJ