Pregnancy

Mid lifers

My daughter has just found out she is pregnant & will be just turned 4 months into it when traveling. She is worried about excursions around Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Oman, Sir Bani Yas. I was originally planning on doing the dessert dune rides / belly dancing evening, but where as i thought they would be fun, i now think it will be too bumpy. Has anyone done this excursion & how bumpy /safe/un safe would you say ? Many thanks.:rolleyes:

My daughter has just found out she is pregnant & will be just turned 4 months into it when traveling. She is worried about excursions around Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Oman, Sir Bani Yas. I was originally planning on doing the dessert dune rides / belly dancing evening, but where as i thought they would be fun, i now think it will be too bumpy. Has anyone done this excursion & how bumpy /safe/un safe would you say ? Many thanks.:rolleyes:

That is a question for her doctor not cruise critic.

I would not risk it! It is bumpy but there is also a risk the jeep may roll, albeit small. The probability of anything happening is low but the severity of if it does occur is great so why carry guilt, sorrow and what ifs for the rest of your life just to have a single day you wanted - Dubai is a great place, there are just as exciting, interesting and safer things to do! Try an Abra cruise down the creek, the Dubai museum, trip up Burj Khalifa, afternoon tea at the Burj al Arab!!!

That is a question for her doctor not cruise critic.

Thanks for your sharp answer ! Yes a doctor can see how her pregnacy is progressing. But i was asking had anybody done this excursion & could they tell me how there experiance was ie bumpy or not !

Congratulations Gramma-to-be!

I agree with TomVet and think that if you're looking at a jeep or dune buggy type ride it has the potential for bumpy ride and possibly could be problematic for your daughter. I'd go the safer route and find something less strenuous.

Enjoy, you've got a lot to look forward to.

Cheers,

Thank you for your reply, it was a much better answer than riclop :)

I'm sorry i thought it was very obvious that a woman that is pregnant should not be bouncing around in a jeep in the dessert and belly dancing.:confused::confused::confused:

Congratulations Gramma-to-be!

I agree with TomVet and think that if you're looking at a jeep or dune buggy type ride it has the potential for bumpy ride and possibly could be problematic for your daughter. I'd go the safer route and find something less strenuous.

Enjoy, you've got a lot to look forward to.

Cheers,

Great thank you. I have now looked up details of a dune ride & yes it does say will be bumpy & not suitable for pregnant women. Have now found plenty of gentle excursions to try. Looking forward to my first cruise. Thanks for all your help :)

Edited by Mid lifers