tip for tea and coffee

lenbest

If you have a tea or coffee delivered to your room in a morning(as there are no tea making facilities)are you expected to tip.

I know tipping differs around the world, but if someone delivers me fresh, hot coffee with a smile on their face at 7 AM, I'm giving them a warm thanks and a couple of bucks.

When it comes to showing gratitude for a service rendered nothing works better than cash.

Cheers!

HTP

:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry me again, so we have paid £500 for tips upfront of the trip. Someone said when they get on board they cancel this on their acct and then tip as you along, is this the norm? Also ssmea03 what is the $12 dollar a day thing is that a another add on? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok, so we didn't pre pay gratuities, so we were were charged $12 dollars a day each, plus anything we actually paid for (cakes) had 15% added to it. If you've prepaid I would not expect to see those charges show up on my account. After work I can check the gratuity information in the daily.

Sorry me again, so we have paid £500 for tips upfront of the trip. Someone said when they get on board they cancel this on their acct and then tip as you along, is this the norm? Also ssmea03 what is the $12 dollar a day thing is that a another add on? Thanks

Hi Bev

Another Brit here!

I think you have over paid a bit with the pre payment! All you need to pay is the $12 per person per day ( this can also be paid at end of cruise). And should you choose to you could give cash tips to crew members (e.g. Stewards waiters favourite bar person etc) at end of cruise.

I would also suggest you pre pay for a drink package as is very good value (you do not pay any additional services on this is pre paid).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The $12 per person per day is the Daily Service Charge, or gratuity. If you've pre-paid it, great! One less thing to worry about. [emoji4] If you do not pre-pay it, it is added to your onboard account.

A very few people choose to remove these charges at guest services and then tip cash as they go along. This can be a hot button topic, as that service charge is spread around to many behind the scenes employees, as well, that you may not personally come across.

Double Check to see what the £500 is and if it's the Daily Service Charge, you're all set with gratuity, however, at your discretion, you could always give a dollar or two if you felt they deserved it. That's purely up to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the advice we are on the aurea drinks package it was a deal they were doing when I booked never booked a cruise before sounded ok I'm assuming it's any drinks? And access the to the adult only part of a deck

You have the regular drinks package which is very good. Includes our regular labels like Johnnie walker red label for whisky and a decent selection of wine by the glass etc Also Asti and not champagne. We did our first cruise last year on Divina and loved it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Bev68, :) I too am a Brit who has booked their first ever cruise on MSC, also on Aurea experience with drinks package!

I'm glad someone has asked this about tips and morning coffee.

We are paying the 12 per day upfront - but my question is - how does the person who delivers my coffee know I've already paid upfront?

I just want to do the right thing :confused: