This probably seems like a weird question...

vikesfan

We leave on our very first cruise 3 weeks from today!!! WOOHOO :D

My DH and I always sleep with a fan running for white noise. Often when we go to hotels, we leave the exhaust fan in the bathroom on. So, I am wondering if the bathrooms on the ship have exhaust fans? I do have a small fan I could pack, but would love to not have to.

We are sailing on the Dream and are in a category D room. I appreciate any info or advice for those that have had the same issue. Thanks!!!

My DH and I always sleep with a fan running for white noise. Often when we go to hotels, we leave the exhaust fan in the bathroom on. So, I am wondering if the bathrooms on the ship have exhaust fans? I do have a small fan I could pack, but would love to not have to.

We are sailing on the Dream and are in a category D room. I appreciate any info or advice for those that have had the same issue. Thanks!!!

Unlike Waldospepper, I don't think the ship's ventilation system provides enough white noise. The NCL Star was especially quiet to me. We always travel with a small clip on fan or a white noise machine. Both are pretty small and relatively inexpensive.

I've sailed the Dream four times and I needed additional noise to sleep but I need noise that blocks out all other noises. If you only need a slight noise, the Dream's A/C system may be enough for you. Not a weird question at all. :)

Vikesfan,

I'm SO glad YOU asked this question as I was thinking about the same thing! We also sleep with a fan on...year round, even when it's 10 degrees out, just for the noise.

If we 'motel it', we also use the bathroom exhausts for noise.

I was thinking of bringing a sound machine even though the 'white noise' on those never seem to be the same as an actual fan. We absolutely can NOT sleep in silence. It's horrible.

So, I'll be reading these posts right along with you!;)

Thank you.

I have to have "white noise" myself. The ships ventilation system doesnt always provide enough for me to sleep. I found it useful to just leave the tv on.

Some people leave their balcony door open. I know this is a no no in the eyes of some and I dont wish to start a debate on this issue. But those are just a couple of ideas.

:cool:

We leave on our very first cruise 3 weeks from today!!! WOOHOO :D

My wife always brings a small fan, which also came in handy on the Majesty this summer, when there were a couple of nights the A/C jsut wasn't cool enough for her. Sounds like a wise move on your part to bring it along.

Archived