What would you do???

momofslg

Here's the scenario

Our cruise is on Adventure of the Seas on October 8, 2006

We booked our airfare with RCCL because we wern't sure of prices on our own, and my DH thinks this would be the easier way to go. RCCL is charging $569.00 pp to fly us from Columbus, Ohio to San Juan on the day of the cruise.

I have been looking at airfare on our own and fares haven't been published for our travel dates, so the info I have is for the closest dates that are published (the rates are the same for the 4 prior weeks that are published)

Delta has a flight that we're interested in.

$383.00 pp leaving on a Saturday at 2:15pm arriving 9:43pm in SanJuan with a layover in Atlanta. On the way home travel times are 12:56pm arriving in Columbus at 8:19pm with a layover in Atlanta. The hotels we are looking into are the Comfort Inn or the El Canario by the Sea, both around 100.00 per night.

The total that RCCL has is $1138, on our own is $950.00 (flights, hotel, cab fare+tips). I am trying to convince my DH that traveling into San Juan the day before is less risky. What do you think and why? Hopefully this info will help convince DH.

Flying in the day before is much less risky! You just never know what sorts of delays or missed connections you could encounter, so giving yourself that margin of "air error" makes so much sense. You'll also board the ship feeling rested, instead of stressed and jetlagged. And , hey, who has a problem with saving money?

Hi There!! We are in the same boat on the airfare. We are booked on a cruise on the Destiny on September 17th 2006 and Carnval charging $580 per person and that is $1160 for 2 from Richmond Va.

I have been looking on the airline websites and I have found a variety of prices but nothing that gives me a great return time for a good price. All the good times that include a early home is very expensive.

I have been looking at Jet Blue and I have been able to check times up to September 6 a few weeks earlier than when we cruise. I can save about $416 if we fly Jet Blue and go on a Saturday and Stay at the Sheraton right near the port.

I guess it is just a crap shoot and you have to pick the best for you. I am hoping jet blue with publish there fares soon for that date and I hope the prices are the same.

Archived