New dinner packages for sale, for up to 12 dinners

[g]cruiserke

I checked my planner and it has nothing about these dinning pkgs. I also called celebrity and they know nothing about it !

I just talked to a supervisor and she knows about it. She told me its on certain cruises and longer trips. I am going in a couples weeks and it is not offered on my cruise. I talked to 2 other agents and they knew nothing about it. They need to get there act together which probably wont happen anytime soon !

I finally, after 3 calls to Celebrity, got ahold of a rep who could help me. I wanted to book an 11 night package on our upcoming 2 weeker. It showed in my planner, but wouldn't let me book it

The last rep I talked to found she couldn't book both my husband and I on the same reservation. She was smart enough to figure out that hubby and I like to eat together, so she tried booking us individually, and that time it worked.

We usually book the ultimate dining on the ship, but 11 nights is enough and this works out to $3.00 per person less a night. We don't get the 2 lunches or use of Sushi on 5 this way, but not that big a deal.

I'm just glad we finally got it straightened out.

Leaving on the Eclipse Dec. 11 for 10 nights. I want to book 6 or 7 nights on this new dining package you're talking about and I can't find it on the website. I've searched everywhere!!

On the web site, top right, Log In, click there,

That will take you to 'My Reservation', click 'Explore,

that should open the tabs for dining, bev pkg's, excursions, ect.

The more I ponder :eek: I know, here I go pondering yet again!

Thinking back over our last 3 cruises, there were evenings where the specialty restaurants were full, but many other nights we could walk up and get a table. Hence this caused for the feeling of the big 'SALES PUSH' by the staff. That feeling of being pestered endlessly to barter for a discounted seat. Then only to be let down by less than Celebrity quality service and sometimes the meal itself.

If they know that the venues are 60-70-to even 80% pre booked would this not help stop some of the 'pestering' we complain about all the time.

Just a thought in the foggy mind of an old fart dreaming about being on ship.:D

On the web site, top right, Log In, click there,

That will take you to 'My Reservation', click 'Explore,

that should open the tabs for dining, bev pkg's, excursions, ect.

Thanks, Wallie, I'll give up for awhile. I thought I would pay ahead and reserve the times and places I want. But no luck. When I have some time, I'll contact Celebrity by phone and do it.

I talked to the Enhancement Dept yesterday and was told these packages will be the same as the prior ones, each package will specify how many times in each restaurant, so you won't be able to say eat in Murano unlimited number of times. You still select the time for the first meal on the first or second night, but they select the restaurant. Then once onboard you make the remaining reservations just as in the past.

She said they still have not gotten all the details about each individual packages yet, but she said the ultimate package will still be available to book onboard.

If you have questions call the Enhancement Department, they are the ones who book the specialty dining reservations so should be in the know. Their direct number is 800-722-5941.

I talked to the Enhancement Dept yesterday and was told these packages will be the same as the prior ones, each package will specify how many times in each restaurant, so you won't be able to say eat in Murano unlimited number of times. You still select the time for the first meal on the first or second night, but they select the restaurant. Then once onboard you make the remaining reservations just as in the past.

She said they still have not gotten all the details about each individual packages yet, but she said the ultimate package will still be available to book onboard.

If you have questions call the Enhancement Department, they are the ones who book the specialty dining reservations so should be in the know. Their direct number is 800-722-5941.

They also stated that this not for every cruise. It depends on the lenght , ship and date!

Well, then either that person you spoke to is mistaken or the website is wrong.(*) Simply shocking, I know :rolleyes: The package detail page states:

Book different restaurants for lunch and dinner, or revisit your favorite restaurant over and over again…the choice is yours.

That clearly implies you can choose which restaurants to go to. There is no small print specifying any restrictions or T&C stating you are limited in your restaurant choice.

(*) On the bright side, it also means that one of the two is RIGHT, so there's your silver lining :p

Edited by [g]cruiserke

I was told the first night had to be Tuscan, and from there you can book whichever restaurant you want, as often as you like

And Tuscan has turned into our least favorite (was a favorite) after our last two meals there. :(

Id there a time that this package shows up on our reservation? How about excursions to book? Our cruise is not until next May.

And Tuscan has turned into our least favorite (was a favorite) after our last two meals there. :(

Id there a time that this package shows up on our reservation? How about excursions to book? Our cruise is not until next May.

Once you have an online account at Celebrity and have registered your cruise, go to Manage Reservations and there will be a link on the top for Excursions, Dining and Beverage packages. Go to the Dining section or Excursions to explore options. My cruise is in April and I have had Dining options available since I booked almost a year ago.

Thing is it seems that from our last experience after day 2 every restaurant was offered onboard at a 50% discount anyway. I wonder if this is a way of trying to get capacity into the restaurants so they dont have to do this.

Not sure why you have to put that first night in on the web page. We just booked differently onboard anyway - As a newcomer to celeb I would say they do get a hell of a lot right and we loved them, but the web site is not one of them - from OBC to booking restaurants (which you basically cant do in any detail) in advance evrerything is just a mess of diferent menus and different gift sites.

Edited by ighten

Once you have an online account at Celebrity and have registered your cruise, go to Manage Reservations and there will be a link on the top for Excursions, Dining and Beverage packages. Go to the Dining section or Excursions to explore options. My cruise is in April and I have had Dining options available since I booked almost a year ago.

Thanks!

Thing is it seems that from our last experience after day 2 every restaurant was offered onboard at a 50% discount anyway. I wonder if this is a way of trying to get capacity into the restaurants so they dont have to do this.

On our cruise in October, we were never approached or offered any type of discounts. Have been in the past, though. It was a 14 night cruise.

After I made the reservation, it showed up on our order history right away.

We also got an e-mail confirming it.

If you don't like Tuscan, the rep said you can change to whatever you like by showing up at one of the dining venues or booking tables.

cruiserke;51567496']Well' date=' then either that person you spoke to is mistaken or the website is wrong.(*) Simply shocking, I know :rolleyes: The package detail page states:

That clearly implies you can choose which restaurants to go to. There is no small print specifying any restrictions or T&C stating you are limited in your restaurant choice.

(*) On the bright side, it also means that one of the two is RIGHT, so there's your silver lining :p[/quote']

Not to argue with you because of what I was told, but if that's the way the new packages are they would all be no different than what's offered with the ultimate dining package, which I've had several times and really enjoyed. The rep I talked to said the ultimate is still offer but of course you have to book onboard.

I just think we may need to wait a bit until corporate gets things clarified and let's all their people know what's what.

This is way too confusing. I just logged on to my cruise planner and saw up to a 14-night dinner package (our cruise is 14 nights long). We are on the Connie so it's really only either the Tuscan Grille or the Ocean Liners and we won't be eating at either 14x. We have our 2 complimentary dinners (Sky Suite booking made yonks ago) and are wondering if we should get a 2-dinner package for our dining companions (also in a Sky Suite but booking made only recently) and if so, whether we can eat both times at the OL (not a big fan of Tuscans). We are intending to use both complimentary dinners at the OL. Our cruise isn't until February so hopefully someone will report back.

Interestingly enough, they are also selling a USD99 Murano's Valentines day dinner...except that we do NOT have Murano on the ship! :roll eyes: The menu (lobster bisque, chateaubriand etc) is posted...wondering if that will take place in OL instead?

I would also like to know if we can book this package onboard so as to use OBC, since it says it must be booked two days in advance.

X wants your money not the OBC they gave you, that is why you must prepay before you sail. You will be able to book individual evening to dine at any restaurants, using OBC.

X wants your money not the OBC they gave you, that is why you must prepay before you sail. You will be able to book individual evening to dine at any restaurants, using OBC.

We've purchased dining packages on embarkation day, as there's usually someone selling packages posted in one of the venues, in the atrium, along the shopping arcade or outside the Oceanview Cafe. The packages have been posted to our onboard account and the cost offset by any onboard credit likewise posted to our account.

Edited by lysolqn