Beverage Package Tipping

GStonelake

That may be because most people tip discretely and do not show off about it

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Agreed. when we get the package included, and even when we buy it, we tip many times over the course of the cruise. Not maybe every drink, but a lot. We take a bunch of $1s with us just for that purpose.

• 6 months later...
If the purpose of additional tip is to assure continued above and beyond service, what is the sense in giving it at the end of the cruise?

Well, clearly some people see it as a thank-you and not as an insurance plan. :)

Usually tip extra for, or to hopefully receive, great service and always for room service delivery. I know the extra revenue from upcharges (cuts of meat and seafood) and beginning to charge for what use to be included (hamburgers and sushi, room service) is not going to the staff. Being a former waiter I understand that very well, but with those charges, I find i'm tipping less and less above the minimum.

We were in a suite last year. Our butler it was really bad my question should we tip a bad butler ? when we already paid for all gratuites.

No.

Also do not tip extra to a bad waiter or a bad cabin attendant.

After paying the standard daily gratuities and buying or receiving a beverage package, you only need to tip if someone goes above and beyond or you just really want to.

If your server, steward, wait-staff, etc, doesn't meet your expectations, on day three, you should fill out an "attention to detail" card to allow their supervisor to correct their actions.