Build-A-Bear on Carnival

toosaxykk

Has anyone done the "build-a-bear" on a Carnival ship? It is often on the Camp Carnival or Camp Ocean fun-times and I am curious what people's experiences were. How much did it cost? What all was included in that cost? Did your kids like it! Any other advice?

Thanks for responding! :)

I just did it with my son on the Elation. It was $25 for a "bear" (they had more than just bears) and a Carnival T-Shirt for it. Additional outfits were $10 each.

My son (3) loved it, i saw it as bland. you sign something, they give you the box and you sit on the floor with the kids as they stuff it, but i guess if the kids love it then thats what matters.

Edited by civic812

I just did it with my son on the Elation. It was $25 for a "bear" (they had more than just bears) and a Carnival T-Shirt for it. Additional outfits were $10 each.

My son (3) loved it, i saw it as bland. you sign something, they give you the box and you sit on the floor with the kids as they stuff it, but i guess if the kids love it then thats what matters.

Thanks for responding! I am glad your son liked it. With all the other stuff to do on the ship I wonder if this is worth the $25-35 per child. My kids are 4 and 7 BUT LOVE build-a-bear!

Thanks again for sharing your experience.

My son (3) loved it, i saw it as bland. you sign something, they give you the box and you sit on the floor with the kids as they stuff it, but i guess if the kids love it then that what matters.

Which day of the cruise was it? Towards the beginning or end? I may not have my kids bring a stuffed animal (baby) for space if it is available to do at the beginning of the cruise. Thanks again!

this is not done as an activity through the camps. Its a parent/child activity and is separated from the camps.

Yes... I realize that but it is advertised with the Camp Carnival fun-times. I am aware I would need to be there, as it is expected! I am just curious what everyone's experiences were! Thanks!

I had ordered the kids backpack with a bear through the Funshops but they ran out of them and just credited my on board account for the 25$ for each of the backpacks so we used them to build a bear. They actually chose a dog and a penguin. Two boys aged 2 and 5 and they both loved them and loved the experience. It was about mid-cruise however.

Thanks for responding! I am glad your son liked it. With all the other stuff to do on the ship I wonder if this is worth the $25-35 per child. My kids are 4 and 7 BUT LOVE build-a-bear!

Thanks again for sharing your experience.

Yes! It is so worth it. We moved last year, and my son, then almost 12, decided it was time to part with most of the 8 or so build a bears he had acquired over the years, and that were his bed time snuggle buddies (rotating) since he started cruising at 2.

They have SO many options, and each year they add more- dogs, cats, lion, bears, monkeys etc... It was usually about $30 to get the bear and one outfit and each year they seemed to change things up. Because it comes with a t-shirt you can color, you can put the ship, year etc on it and you will always know what cruise you built it on.

It also meant that we didn't need to bring anything but one small stuff animal for snuggles for the first night or two on the cruise because they offer it the afternoon (around 2-4 frame) on the first sea day. After that, the new friend often came to dinner and was always placed nicely in the bed by the steward for bedtime. It was always really sweet.

We did the Build a Bear last week on the Freedom with my granddaughter. Yes it was in Camp Ocean as a Parent/Child Activity that they did on the 2nd day and last Sea day on our 7 day cruise. We missed the first one so we were very happy to find out we had another chance.

The Camp Ocean staff had several "Build-a-Bear's" different animals & outfits set up on a table for the kid's to choose from. My granddaughter picked the Lion & wanted the Pirate outfit. We paid $25 for the Lion (that comes with a Carnival t-shirt) and $8 for each outfit. They gave us the build-a-bear box filled with stuffing, a star & angel for us to "build the lion."

We all enjoyed the experience very much and would recommend to anyone that might be interested.

Yes! It is so worth it. We moved last year, and my son, then almost 12, decided it was time to part with most of the 8 or so build a bears he had acquired over the years, and that were his bed time snuggle buddies (rotating) since he started cruising at 2.

They have SO many options, and each year they add more- dogs, cats, lion, bears, monkeys etc... It was usually about $30 to get the bear and one outfit and each year they seemed to change things up. Because it comes with a t-shirt you can color, you can put the ship, year etc on it and you will always know what cruise you built it on.

It also meant that we didn't need to bring anything but one small stuff animal for snuggles for the first night or two on the cruise because they offer it the afternoon (around 2-4 frame) on the first sea day. After that, the new friend often came to dinner and was always placed nicely in the bed by the steward for bedtime. It was always really sweet.

Thank you SO much for sharing! This sounds like GREAT memories!

Which day of the cruise was it? Towards the beginning or end? I may not have my kids bring a stuffed animal (baby) for space if it is available to do at the beginning of the cruise. Thanks again!

On our 4 day, it was late afternoon on day 2, on our longer 7 day cruises it happens 2-3 times throughout the cruise.

I believe they have it all the time. Our DD did it. Special ? Not really ,you just choose your animal and seat down to stuff it.