Question on Bring A Friend

MNelson486

Hello All,

I am taking some friends on a quick girl's weekend. I am the only one who has used RCCL before. I noticed in the Crown and Anchor section that I can Bring a Friend and get some onboard credit. How does this work.

Online I added the friend who is sharing my cabin and that seemed to work fine. I also tried to put in one of the girls who is in the other cabin -- and it says I have to call? Do you think I will get "credit" for her too?

Thanks!

Missy

Hello All,

I am taking some friends on a quick girl's weekend. I am the only one who has used RCCL before. I noticed in the Crown and Anchor section that I can Bring a Friend and get some onboard credit. How does this work.

Online I added the friend who is sharing my cabin and that seemed to work fine. I also tried to put in one of the girls who is in the other cabin -- and it says I have to call? Do you think I will get "credit" for her too?

Thanks!

Missy

There is a limit, but I believe it's something like 4 or 5 credits. You are also limited to one credit per stateroom, so if you had two new cruisers in one stateroom, you would only get to add one of those people. Also, you and the friend(s) must be 18 or over.

Some info:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=345&faqSubjectName=Membership+Online+&faqId=4736

The limit is 5 credits per cruise, and the 25 bucks adds up quickly if you have 2 or 3 people you can refer.

Also note, they have a limit that you have to have it done a full week beforehand but if you email them, they might enter it for you after. I had an issue with my upcoming cruise as I didn't know the first name of the passenger (always went by his middle name and I had no idea it was his middle name, but I haven't seen him all that much) so I emailed them and they got it sorted out for me.

They only need the first / last name, reservation number and the birthday. If it wants you to call, try the other person in the room, or also try emailing. I will tell you that the last email I sent I had to send a follow up because I had not gotten a response a few days later. My follow up was answered in under 12 hours.

Good luck!

There is a limit, but I believe it's something like 4 or 5 credits. You are also limited to one credit per stateroom, so if you had two new cruisers in one stateroom, you would only get to add one of those people. Also, you and the friend(s) must be 18 or over.

Some info:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=345&faqSubjectName=Membership+Online+&faqId=4736

Bob, what do you mean by credits? I took your link and all I see is about the $25. Thanks!

Bob, what do you mean by credits? I took your link and all I see is about the $25. Thanks!

By credit, I meant the $25 on board credit for each new cruiser. In other words, 3 credits would be 3 different friends for a total of $75 on board credit.

Online I also tried to put in one of the girls who is in the other cabin -- and it says I have to call? Do you think I will get "credit" for her too?

I had trouble adding a family member from another cabin online. When I called, I was told that the family member's cabin was booked through a travel agent and therfore does not qualify for the referral credit.

I had trouble adding a family member from another cabin online. When I called, I was told that the family member's cabin was booked through a travel agent and therfore does not qualify for the referral credit.

Being booked by a travel agent alone does not disqualify the referral credit. However, if the other booking is part of a group, or has interline rates, then it would be disqualified.

Also, if you have an OBC for any other promotion, you do not qualify for the bring a friend. Found that out a couple of years ago. Some friends sailed with us on their first Royal cruise and had two cabins booked. I am going to guess they spent about $5,000+ and Royal can't let go of $50 because I already had an OBC. You are handed 5K with the potential that this family will want to cruise with Royal again and can't give a guy what amounts to 8 beers.

• 9 months later...
Also, if you have an OBC for any other promotion, you do not qualify for the bring a friend. Found that out a couple of years ago. Some friends sailed with us on their first Royal cruise and had two cabins booked. I am going to guess they spent about $5,000+ and Royal can't let go of $50 because I already had an OBC. You are handed 5K with the potential that this family will want to cruise with Royal again and can't give a guy what amounts to 8 beers.

That's really disappointing. Our Bring A Friend credits have been pending for weeks now but I was fully anticipating them going through so we would have a larger credit that we could put towards gratuities. Really bummed to hear they can't combine! What a joke.