How close are golf cart rentals to water taxi?

Lollipop's Mom

We did this, but arrived via CoralBreeze Tours and not water taxi. Because of this, one of the CB leaders "Star" called ahead for us and we had two golf carts delivered right to the pier where we got off the boat. Again, when we left, we were told just to leave them there with the key in them. We pre-paid the guy dropping them off and had a BALL!! It was so much fun. Nice heavy-duty cart that went easily through the sand on the beach as well as down the roads. I didn't see any golf cart rentals right near the pier, as I think they are brought down for the passengers from the office....wherever that may be.

It was a GREAT day!! We loved it so much we want to go back for a week land stay.

• 2 weeks later...
What was the cost to rent the golf cart and for how long? This sounds like my kind of fun.

I think it was $30- for 3 hrs. (per cart). We actually ended up using them for about four hours, but our instructions were to leave them in the lot where we picked them up when we were done. It was just in front of a restaurant and they were still sitting there when we were done eating and heading to the boat back to Belize City.

It was SO much fun. The golf carts were in great shape and handled the weight of us easily on the dirt/sand roads and paths that we took.

Assuming it's still in business, Caye Caulker Golf Rentals is about 3 blocks straight down the street, Calle Sol, from the water taxi pier. There used to be two on the island (may still be true) but the other one was down closer to the airport. The main golf cart taxi stand/building, is just a short block down from the pier. You can see it's yellow carts.