What you "do not" have to pack!

mrrick747

We are sailing on out third cruise, Carnival, Celebrity and now Royal Caribbean, with my question regarding Royal Caribbean. If I were making a list of what "not" to pack (included in the room-stateroom), would my list include..basic shampoo, body wash, soap, alarm clock, hair dryer and towels? I believe these were all included on the other two sails, anything else I'm missing?, is my list correct?

Thanks, Rick

My RCI cruise we were glad that we brought our alarm clock! There was no clock in our cabin (we were on the Jewel with a balcony) and friends of ours missed their excursion because the wake call never rang them. Having the alarm clock was a benefit!

Most ships do provide the items you have listed. However, I always pack my own shampoo that I pour into a travel size bottle (the stuff they provide is murder on my hair). I also pack my own hairdryer unless we are sailing RCI since the others have the blowdryer attached to the wall in the bathroom and those are very weak for longer hair.

IMHO, what not to pack is too many shoes. I know some of you may love shoes, but they take up tons of luggage space. A comfortable pair of sneakers, a pair of dress shoes and sandals, and a pair of something for the beach in a color that coordinates with your clothing choices works fine. Also I don't pack any heavyweight fabrics like denim (unless it's a cold weather cruise) Jeans are bulky and take more room in the suitcase and are HOT to wear in the caribbean.

They never seem to have enough electrical outlets in the rooms..1 in the cabin and 1 in the bathroom. I carry a power strip with me to recharge my walkie-talkies, G/F's curling iron, laptop "for downloading pics from camera"..Im sure you get the picture...Have a great trip.

They do provide soap, shampoo (I think it may be combo shampoo/conditioner) hair dryer, towels and perhaps lotion,.

These are all fine, if you do not care what your hair looks like or your body smell like. We take all our own stuff. We don't take massive amounts of clothing and shoes or electrical gadgets, but no way do I use their toiletry stuff.

Archived