MITSUGIRLYS EPIC CRUISE--2nd time around-1st from Port Canaveral

mitsugirly

KIDS WATER PARK/GOLF

NCL and Nickelodeon decided to cut ties and NCL had to redo this kids area and the new theme is an "under water/ocean" with a Nemo fish and so on. I absolutely LOVE what they have done to the area.

However, when they made the announcement that this area was going to be turned into a water golf park, I just couldn't comprehend how this was going to work. This is a water area. Kids love water. This is the area for the kids/toddlers. This was originally a water play park. Then you are going to change it to a "golf" place? How do you keep the kids from just playing in the area while you are trying to play golf? Well, according to how our cruise went...you simply just don't turn on the water jets in the golf area. It was NEVER once on during our cruise, and I think this kinda defeated the purpose of it being a water park or water golf.

PB120163%20copy-L.jpg

PB120165%20copy-L.jpg

PB120167%20copy-L.jpg

PB120168%20copy-L.jpg

PB120169%20copy-L.jpg

PB120190%20copy-L.jpg

This concludes the ship tour. There may be a few "extras" of areas within the review, but this is all I could find at the moment.

I will try to continue on with the "regular" review some time tomorrow once I get the next days pictures together with my thoughts.

:)

Loving all the pics, Kim! I have a couple of questions...on embarkation day do they offer any specials to get ppl to get dining pkg or wifi? Some Lines will do buy so many meals, get one free or free bottle of wine. Also, I know Spice is Adults only but do they have an area where you pay for the week and have reserved loungers? Thanks for your help. Packing tomorrow and heading to FL on Friday [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I enjoyed your ship tour, as usual. It was interesting to see the changes in the ship from your first cruise on her to what she is like now. Not sure I liked the layout of the wave rooms and bathroom, though. DH is a morning person and I am a total night owl, so that bathroom would definitely be an issue for us. I'm wondering if all rooms are set up the same way, or is it just certatn areas that have that room layout?

In case I don't get back here in the next couple of days, I hope you and your family, and everyone reading along, have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

As usual, I'm loving your review!

We would probably not sail the Epic because of the bathrooms. Just too weird for me. As someone posted on here , it's like pooping in a phone booth hahahaha.

We didn't get a cruise in this year since we went to Disneyworld in September with the Grandkids. So, I'm loving your review and feeling like I'm actually there.

Sakari looks as cute as always!!

Thrilled that I will have a great time reading this review and doing the "picture tour" during the thanksgiving break! Another thing on my list to be thankful for!

OH BTW I think I know what you will name Sakari's baby sister.

Aww thanks and glad I'll be able to give you something to do.

No baby sisters for Sakari. I'm done. Not at my age. Is that really your name? If so, it's beautiful.

Great review and really great pictures. Very clean and crisp. Now I'm going to research your camera and see if it's something I would like to buy?

Thanks so much.

Great review!!! You are making want to book a cruise on the Epic. I see lots of similarities to the Getaway, but I am actually liking the look of the Epic more.

Yep, there are a lot of similarities between the Epic/Getaway/Breakaway. I love the design of the Epic.

I'm loving your review, and can't wait to board the Epic in March.

I have one question. Is there a charge for all of the pastries at the Atrium Cafe and Bar? I know the Dawn has a very small assortment of pastries for a small charge, but your picture shows quite a large selection.

Thank you and glad you are enjoying it. Have a wonderful cruise in March.

Yes, the pastries (and coffee) in the Atrium are an extra charge and are à la carte.

Great review! Do you happen to know how much the barbershop was for a guy's haircut? And is Shanghai really free? Do you know if it is any good?

Thanks. The price for a haircut on Epic was $28 I think. I know we looked it up for sure one day, but $28 sounds about right (or $38??). Something like that.

Yes, Shanghai is really free. We ate there one night and it was ok.

Loving all the pics, Kim! I have a couple of questions...on embarkation day do they offer any specials to get ppl to get dining pkg or wifi? Some Lines will do buy so many meals, get one free or free bottle of wine. Also, I know Spice is Adults only but do they have an area where you pay for the week and have reserved loungers? Thanks for your help. Packing tomorrow and heading to FL on Friday

Thank you. I did not see any offers or specials on embarkation day, but then again, you have to remember we didn't even make it on the ship until after she was supposed to set sail. So, they possibly could have but put things away. I don't believe they have any reserved loungers on the ship. You already know about Spice and then the Epic also has H20, which is an adult area only during certain times (I believe 8-8pm).

I enjoyed your ship tour, as usual. It was interesting to see the changes in the ship from your first cruise on her to what she is like now. Not sure I liked the layout of the wave rooms and bathroom, though. DH is a morning person and I am a total night owl, so that bathroom would definitely be an issue for us. I'm wondering if all rooms are set up the same way, or is it just certatn areas that have that room layout?

In case I don't get back here in the next couple of days, I hope you and your family, and everyone reading along, have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Yes, very interesting to see the changes. I wasn't always able to spot something, since it has been 6 years and about 15 cruises ago. But I would be walking around and think "Hey, I don't remember this or this looks different". I think she's an elegant ship.

Looking at the blue prints of the Epic. It looks like ALL of the outside rooms are the wave type....with the exception of the Handicap room, The Haven Aft facing Penthouse with Balcony, the Haven Spa Suite with Balcony, and all the Haven and Penthouse suites are normal non-wave rooms. Then you have the interiors as well that are not.

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!

Your review is amazing!

You really make it come to life with your pictures. I still have a couple of months before I sail but I'm really learning my way around from you.

Thank~You

Thank you so much for you nice comment. I appreciate it. I hope you have a wonderful cruise in a few months.

As usual, I'm loving your review!

We would probably not sail the Epic because of the bathrooms. Just too weird for me. As someone posted on here , it's like pooping in a phone booth hahahaha.

We didn't get a cruise in this year since we went to Disneyworld in September with the Grandkids. So, I'm loving your review and feeling like I'm actually there.

Sakari looks as cute as always!!

Pooping in a phone booth...well that's one way to describe it. :D That was the part that was kinda weird to me as well. There was a situation that I was "on the potty" and someone knocked at the door and Sakari answered...even after me waving my arms back and forth and saying "noooooo". Thank goodness it was only her sister at the door. Even though I know they can't see you in there, it still feels weird.

Kim, love your reviews. Always look forward to reading them. As always fantastic pictures!! I am glad to see some of the differences on the ship. I am actually considering going back on the EPIC in January. I have an itch. Really prefer the smaller ships but the EPIC may just fit in my needs for now. This way we can get a day or 2 at Disney. lol. Thank you so much again for taking the time to write and post pictures. It is very time consuming and I for one really appreciate the time you take to do this.

Norma

On my! Kim what a nightmare to arrive to on departure morning!

We sail frequently out of Port Canaveral. We always stay overnight in a Disney hotel (we need our Disney fix). I'm always nervous with Beach Highway (the parkway to Port Canaveral) shutting down if there's an accident. I've read horror stories! I always plan a private car to pick us up at 9am. Usually I argue with them as they say the Port doesn't open until 10am but that's Disney Cruise Line only. For Carnival, we have never had a problem arriving early and boarding soon after we arrive.

Should you ever consider sailing out of Port Canaveral again (and I highly recommend the Carnival Magic!) check out Tiffany Town Car or American Luxury Transport. Both are reliable and very courteous. We've had lovely conversations during the long drive with our drivers. They also provide a movie for the kids in their SUV or vans.

Gotta say, you handled that boarding mess very well! I could only imagine the line at guest services with complaints!

Enjoying the review!

Mare

Great review so far. I always look forward to yours. I was just thinking about you the other day and thought you mentioned going on a November cruise so thought I'd pop on and see if you were back yet and here you are!

Apologies if someone already asked this, but thoughts on your new camera? I'm in the market for one for travel (that takes underwater pictures too) so I'm wondering what you think so far.

Also, I know Spice is Adults only but do they have an area where you pay for the week and have reserved loungers?

Yes, Epic has an area called Posh which is similar to the Vibe Beach Club on Getaway, Breakaway and Escape. I believe it is $99 pp/wk.

Robert