ISO: a good quality traveling steam iron?

motherchic

most of my tops are cotton and no matter how i pack them, tissue paper in between etc... they still need a touch up.

i am not cheap, but i much rather spend my money at the martini bar or at the spa then sending a dozen tops to the laundry. Celebrity doesnt have an area to press your own and irons are not allowed. So i would like to bring a traveling steamer. I have bought two in the past and they were awful ! Anyone have a brand name of a good traveling steamer.

Thank you so much

Nadine

I have been relatively happy with my Rowenta travel steamer. I just remember to hold it upside down to get the steam going strong. I steam anything that needs it as I unpack, then put the blasted steamer away for the week! In my next life (after the kids are grown) I'll send it out for pressing, right now I have to buy soda cards instead.

I always travel with my Rowenta Travel iron. I know I know no irons yeah yeah yeah fire hazzard...it has an auto off. More worried about those nasty hot non auto turn off hair curling irons and straightners!

Actually, travel irons are not a hazzard as most people think. The hazzard lies in the wattage of the appliance, a full sized iron can blow the circuit in a whole area. Newer ships have better wiring, my travel hairdryer shuts down on older ships, but not the newer ones. They still don't want a lot of appliances plugged in and turned on. You read all the posts about taking along power strips? Well, that's because the ships don't want you plugging in a bunch of stuff! Now, I doubt chargers for cameras pull much energy, but if you have a cabin with 2 or 3 people using curling irons and blow dryers at the same time, it can create a problem.

I cannot imagine taking along a full sized iron on any vacation, what a hassle that would be. Plus, my iron probably weighs as much as all my shoes put together. I think you're probably right about the curling irons and straighteners, too, those things get hot, I've not used one in 20 years because of the damage it does to hair.

Happy K

I remember one cruise on the Destiny....We were in one cabin, my 2 Daughters in another, the girlfriends next to them, some young couples across the hall. Lots of younger girls/women in the cabins around us.

Well guess we ALL had late dining and ALL would get ready at the same time.

Every night the same routine....Pop goes the breakers...no power in any of the cabins like a row of maybe 10 (can't remember). It got kind of funny by mid week. We said we were going to set a hair scheduale!

I have been know to carry a full size iron in the past. That was BEFORE the airlines started to weigh bags. Now for the most part we don't have to fly to cruise so maybe the big one next time...Nooooo been packing lighter these days, Besides the little iron does a great job.

Archived