Flight times precruise

luvdasea

What is the latest time you can arrive before the ship leaves? My sister is looking at a flight that gets in at 8pm, but the ship is scheduled to depart at 10pm. I think it's too late!:) I wish she would come in the day before or get cruise air!

What is the latest time you can arrive before the ship leaves? My sister is looking at a flight that gets in at 8pm, but the ship is scheduled to depart at 10pm. I think it's too late!:) I wish she would come in the day before or get cruise air!

The docs for our upcoming cruise say you must be on board 30 minutes before departure. There's so incredibly much that can go wrong and make it take more than 90 minutes to get from the plane to the ship, I think it's crazy to give yourself such a small window. What if the plane is 30 minutes late, or she's seated in the very last row, or her luggage is the last one to show up in baggage claim, or there's a huge line for taxis? Plus depending on the city, it may take a while just to drive from airport to port.

There is absolutely no way you could make a cruise leaving at 10 pm if you landed at 8pm.

Oh, I take that back, if you didn't check any luggage, your plane was not late, and you ran like mad, you might make the ship.

Depending on where you are sailing from, coming in the day of cruise, I wouldn't recommend any flight scheduled to arrive less than 4 hours before the cruise sails, definitely give yourself more time if possible. You need to calculate time to land, get to the gate, traverse the airport, collect your bags, and get to the port, and you must be on board 30 minutes before sailing time.

Archived