Sea Cow snorkeling

carlp

Have been on both Woodwind and Sea Cow (Sea Cow through the ship excursion). We are experienced snorkelers. On both trips the boats were full so you sit closely side by side. Not a big deal as the trip to the snorkel sites is very short. Both had helpful staff. Sea Cow had someone on board who took lots of underwater pictures that could be purchased. I don't remember if Woodwind did that. What I do distinctly remember is the difference in the approach to snorkeling.

On Woodwind, both stops were drift snorkels. Of course, that is always easier for everyone but we particularly like that approach since our time can be spent leisurely drifting without having to often swim hard to get back to the boat. When we went on the Sea Cow the approach was the usual drop anchor, follow guide(s) or off a little on your own, but at both stops we first snorkeled with the current. Both times and particularly on the second stop the swim back to the boat against the current was difficult for me and I am a strong swimmer. It wasn't that people couldn't make it back to the boat but I remember thinking that I'm glad that my husband didn't come along on this one as he would have found it exhausting because I was tired from actually swimming to get back rather than leisurely snorkeling.

I will say that I didn't hear any complaining except for how the swim was a little "hard." It could be that the current was stronger that day. I bought the CD and the pictures were great. I had requested that the photographer take specific pictures and she was happy to do so. Sea Cow also picked us up right at the ship. Have to walk about 5-10 minutes to where Woodwind is docked. Both are strictly snorkel trips which is what we look for. Woodwind passed around some snacks - I don't remember if Sea Cow did.