Help me decide! Fantasy, Dream, Magic?

akmom1heck

Hi everyone, new here! I am trying to plan a Spring Break cruise around March 25th for my family which includes the husband, son(18), daughter(14). It's our son's senior year so this is our last, yet only Spring Break trip. The husband I cruised on honeymoon 15 years ago. The kids have never. I've read so many reviews that my brain is swirling. I just want to make sure there are enough fun things to do to keep everyone happy and decent food for the picky eaters. The boys in the family like activity.

Any help would be much appreciated! :)

Thanks

Either Dream or Magic. They are among the newest, most feature-filled ships Carnival has. Fantasy is the oldest ship still sailing for Carnival (since 1990). Its ok, but does not nave nearly as many options for activities, food etc, as the other two. We did Fantasy three years ago and the only reason I would recommend that ship is if the price is very, very reasonable. Even if Dream or Magic are a few hundred more, the price would be worth it to me.

We have cruised Dream once, Magic 3 times and Breeze 4 times. Breeze is my favorite, followed closely by Magic. Now that Magic has the Red Frog Pub, Guys Burgers and BBQ, Magic would definitely get my vote.

We have never sailed Fantasy, but since it is an older and smaller ship, we wouldn't do it now after sailing the newer ships.

Your kids will definitely have a blast on the Magic. Waterworks and ropes course are a blast!

Have fun no matter which you choose! [emoji41][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Magic was great and gets my vote. Nice variety of things to do as well as venues to relax, and then the eateries are plenty. Fantasy is nice but small with not as much to do, and missing the outdoor movies that are really enjoyable(check out a blanket per person from the towel stand since it gets chilly in the evening) on Magic. Skywalk, awesome, waterslides awesome! Go Magic.

I looked at the Breeze but there was not as much to do on the ship so picked Magic over it

Either Dream or Magic. The Fantasy is only a 5-day cruise that costs almost as much during the week you're talking about. The Magic has a few things the Dream does not, like the ropes course, but they're going to be pretty similar. The Dream will be going into dry dock in January and and it sounds like it will get a couple of things (Guy's Burgers and BBQ, for example) that the Magic has, making the differences between the two even less. As far as I can tell, there should be plenty of activities and food choices on either one.

I'd decide between the other two based on itinerary and total cost. We're sailing on the Dream next year, in part because travel to the port of New Orleans is significantly cheaper (for us) than travel to any of the other ports with Dream-class ships. We were looking for some specific ports on our itinerary, too. You may have a choice between an Eastern Caribbean and a Western Caribbean itinerary. If you find one of them a lot more appealing, I'd suggest going with that one.

Have fun choosing and then cruising.:)

Blessings,

SiraJoy

Edited by SiraJoy
added information

Hi everyone, new here! I am trying to plan a Spring Break cruise around March 25th for my family which includes the husband, son(18), daughter(14). It's our son's senior year so this is our last, yet only Spring Break trip. The husband I cruised on honeymoon 15 years ago. The kids have never. I've read so many reviews that my brain is swirling. I just want to make sure there are enough fun things to do to keep everyone happy and decent food for the picky eaters. The boys in the family like activity.

Thanks

I would suggest that you scratch Fantasy. Hubby & I love it, but our kids were very bored onboard. They had a great time on Dream & Magic has even more features. :)

Thanks

It won't be Fantasy.

Another vote for Magic. Fantasy is older, and even though my first cruise was on a Fantasy class, your kids will *love* Magic or Dream.

But Magic gets my vote because of the dining options other mentioned, and the ropes course. I have done a ropes course on land, and it would be fun to do it at sea! The kids will love it.

Sent from Tapatalk

I've never been on any of the "big three", but we are booked on the Magic next year. I've sailed on the Fantasy a couple of times. These were quickie cruises just to get away and the Port of Charleston was "just down the road". The Fantasy is not our first choice because we are balcony people. The larger ships offer so much more. So my vote is for the Magic.