Celebrity Alaska and Rockies cruisetour?

stitchcreek

It's our first time doing Alaska, and doing a cruisetour, so a few questions about the land tour...

It doesn't read like most meals are included in the land tour part of our trip, does anyone have any advice on the best approach to take here?

Is just eating in our hotel restaurants the way forward?

It's places like Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper we're stopping...

And are the days pretty full of organised activities, or do we need to think about organising anything ourselves?

Any knowledge greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by stitchcreek

It's our first time doing Alaska, and doing a cruisetour, so a few questions about the land tour...

It doesn't read like most meals are included in the land tour part of our trip, does anyone have any advice on the best approach to take here?

Is just eating in our hotel restaurants the way forward?

It's places like Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper we're stopping...

And are the days pretty full of organised activities, or do we need to think about organising anything ourselves?

Any knowledge greatly appreciated!

Hi

We did a Canadian Rockies road trip in 2014 ahead of our Alaska Inside Passage cruise and I made videos of each day, which can be seen from this

The places we visited were very much where the majority of tourists go so I imagine your land tour will take in most if not all of them. From memory Banff, Jasper and Kamloops had plenty of restaurants if you fancy a change from the hotels. I was only at Lake Louise for about half an hour but as it's a major ski resort that must be similar in terms of eateries.

All the best, Tony

• 1 month later...

We've done two extended land-based, "on your own" visits to the Canadian Rockies, including Banff, Jasper, and Lake Louise. There are many options for meals other than the hotel restaurants. All three are small towns with cafes and restaurants at all price levels with many cuisine choices. You will also find options for take-out and deli-style counter service. Most small markets and groceries also have prepared foods for take-out. I would encourage you to consider a few picnic style meals outdoors. The scenic beauty of the Canadian Rockies is amazing.

If you want a special restaurant meal, the Chateau Lake Louise Hotel, now Fairmont Hotel Lake Louise, has several restaurants, including fine dining with a view of the lake. Very special.

My advice is to go on Princess or Norwegian. Last I looked, they

are the only two to visit Glacier Bay. That is simply not to be missed. All the rest is add-on to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Holland America also goes to Glacier Bay on some ships. However, it sounds like the OP has already booked their Celebrity cruise plus land tour to the Canadian Rockies. Glacier Bay is lovely, but so are Hubbard Glacier and Tracy Arm Fjord.