Booking another cruise while on board?

The price is usually the same price/sales but you get reduced deposit and OBC which can be applied to current or new cruise.

On my last cruise, the 30% off sale was going on, so I took advantage of that and applied to $100 OBC to my current cruise. The benefit of doing that is you don't have to worry about if you make a change on the future cruise, if your OBC will follow the changes/new booking or if you cancel entirely, although you loose $100 deposit, you don't actually loose the $100 because you already got it on the first cruise and you break even. That being said, I'm paid in full and 31 days out!

I also enjoyed sitting with the crew member and looking at the floor plans and pricing options rather than trying to sort it out on line myself or over the phone.

In my humble opinion, the benefits used to be worth booking a cruise or even purchasing a Future Cruise Certificate while on board. We did that on previous cruises a lot. Not just for the reduced deposit, but also the OBC's. Now...the current process just doesn't seem worth it to us.