Downloading Digital Pictures onboard

rrmanlht

Ok...... RCCL ..... cruisers ...

If we bring our Disk reader with us ... can we us the onboard Computers to burn a CD of pictures from our SD disk from the digital camera????? I am not sure if the photo shop onboard does this but if they do what do they charge. We have two 1 gig SD disks for our camera and that should be enough but my DW takes a lot of pictures and I don't want to run out of room. SO....... please let us know how to handle this possible problem.... :confused:

We were recently on Brilliance. Their photo shop had a machine much like you will see at Walgreens or Walmart. You could put you media card into the machine and it would transfer you pictures onto a CD or, I believe, it would print your photo's if you wanted. The machine accepted mult. media card formats. Since we had our laptop with us, I didn't investigate to closely but it looked just like the machines they have at our local Walgreens drug store.

Indeed, you can transfer the photo's from your card to CD in order to free up the card at the photo services desk.

The computers used by PAX to access the internet and such do not allow you the connect anything to them. The CPU is actually locked in a cabinet below.

We also brought our notebook with us so that we could upload and organize nightly. Understandably a problem if you have a desktop at home. :rolleyes:

You have to pay to d/l your pics using the machine and it was expensive (imo), so we used the internet cafes in town to d/l our pics and burn them unto CDs. There was always an internet cafe at or close to the port and their rates were MUCH cheaper than on the ship. :). We either used the cafe first thing off the ship or last thing before going back on the ship and it worked out great.

We'll be sailing on the Navigator. Does the photo shop on the Navigator have one of the machines (like Walgreens) where I can download my digital pics to a disk? Does anybody know how much it costs?

I know someone guessed it was $15-$20.... but, I'm still thinking that would be cheaper than buying an extra memory stick for my camera.

Just a thought.........:)

I have done something on the last two cruises that has worked well. Along with my digital camera, I have also brought my notebook that has a cd burner and a stack of blank CD-Rs. On the last night of the cruise, the friends I have met on cruise critic and the cruise have gotten together for drinks and to share photos. I download everyones pictures onto my notebook and then burn discs for everyone to take home. This year we had so many pictures, I had to make two discs for everyone. We ran out of time, but because I had all the pictures, I was able to mail out discs to those I missed after I got home.

We were just on the Grandeur. We brought a small laptop to download our photos onto. They did have a machine in the Photo area which took all sorts of different memory cards - except ours - Memory Stick PRO. But it did take a regular Memory Stick. They said we could have dropped our stick off to have our photos processed, but we didn't want to let it out of our sight. So, we're going to print them at home.

We purchased a CD of photos from our Stingray adventure in the Caymans. I popped that in the photo machine - placed the order, and got our pictures the next day. 40 cents for 4x6 and 80 cents for 5x7's. They came out very nice.

Archived