Formal nights on the epic

kpollock1981

Good evening. Now that the epic is sailing the Caribbean I was wondering if anyone can tell me when and where the optional formal nights are each night. I am sailing on the 7 day to Tortola, st Thomas and great stirrup cay on December 10 and was wanting to make my reservations to the restaurants ahead of time. My family is looking to dress up 1 or 2 times for pictures since we have the photo credit and was trying to plan accordingly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Good evening. Now that the epic is sailing the Caribbean I was wondering if anyone can tell me when and where the optional formal nights are each night. I am sailing on the 7 day to Tortola, st Thomas and great stirrup cay on December 10 and was wanting to make my reservations to the restaurants ahead of time. My family is looking to dress up 1 or 2 times for pictures since we have the photo credit and was trying to plan accordingly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There are no formal nights. You can dress up any nights 2-5 and there will be lots of photographers with an assortment of backdrops to take pictures. Not so much on embarkation day and the last night of the cruise. There have not been any Eastern Caribbean voyages yet, so no dailies.

The Epic sails the Caribbean every winter. Two years ago, NCL announced that the Epic would be permanently kept in Europe and we did a farewell western Caribbean cruise on the Epic. NCL changed their mind and brought her back last year and again this year.

Edited by BirdTravels

There are no formal nights. You can dress up any nights 2-5 and there will be lots of photographers with an assortment of backdrops to take pictures. Not so much on embarkation day and the last night of the cruise. There have not been any Eastern Caribbean voyages yet, so no dailies.

The Epic sails the Caribbean every winter. Two years ago, NCL announced that the Epic would be permanently kept in Europe and we did a farewell western Caribbean cruise. NCL changed their mind and brought her back last year and again this year.

Don has graciously posted the dailies. DGP1111 is the author. Scroll through to easily find.

This first cruise went to Nassau instead of GSC though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by DMH15

• 2 weeks later...
There are no formal nights. You can dress up any nights 2-5 and there will be lots of photographers with an assortment of backdrops to take pictures.

While this is true, there is a formal night called norwegian's night out. The Captain and Crew are available for photos and many people save their dressiest outfit for that night if they're so inclined to dress up.

That said, as noted above it's not a requirement.

You'll need to get a hold of recent dailies for that ship and itinerary though, as it's not for instance, always night 3.