Fantasy Thanksgiving 2016 the Cruise that Almost Didn't HAPPEN!

cynt

Welcome to my semi live review. It will be live until we push back from the banks of Mobile AL. I will not be reporting live while we're cruising. Im too cheap plus I must disconnect from technology while I vacation. I'm on it 24/7 in my day to day life i.e. accountant by day and MBA student by night.

So right this very minute I'm sitting at work waiting for the powers to be to come around and say, "Enjoy your Thanksgiving. We'll see you next week." That's code for you can leave early.

So the few coworkers that are left are pretending to work, surfing the net, on the phone but with loved ones, looking at black Friday ads and planning their course of attack. Working? We are not doing. LOL! !!

As for me, I keep looking at this.

69fd483645cc264dc7ce3b2d8c607f51.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Background : This was supposed to be the 1st cruise together for BF and I. We both started new jobs in June so we had zero vacation days. I found this cruise by perusing the Carnival website for weekend cheap cruises. I was stalking the website like us Texans were doing when they finally put Blue Bell back on the freezer shelves. I had to find a port we could drive to which I thought meant Galveston and NOLA. Mobile? Carnival doesn't cruise out of Mobile. But upon further review they were moving the ship to Mobile at the beginning of November. And the prices were cheap. How far a drive is that from Dallas? 7 or 8 hours. Hmm that's an option. So I continued to stalk the website until I found a cheap Thanksgiving deal. $289/pp plus $50 obc. Called the BF and he was in for the adventure.

I placed the deposit and started dreaming about being back on a ship. I'm a cruise addict and I needed a fix. Although short and sweet it would have to do until I build my vacation days.

In all my excitement I didn't realize the ship returned Monday not Sunday. Ok I have to call BF and let him know. This is going to be a problem. Well I had one holiday day I could use for that Monday. BF had a vacation day or two but his stupid workaholic supervisor was being a jerk.

First she said no you will have to come into the office due to you don't have any seniority. I told him to tell her it's Monday after Thanksgiving most people want the week of Thanksgiving off for the holiday.

Then she said you have to find someone to work for you and they have to sign documents saying they will come into the office and work. See everyone basically works from home. One person comes into the office a day to cover the office. His day was Monday. God only knows why his crazy manager just didn't schedule someone else to work that Monday. SMH!! So after a few weeks he came to the resolve that he couldn't cruise.

Well now I was in a pickle so since it was so cheap I decided to cruise solo. I enjoy cruising solo. So I had to put my big girl britches on and make it happen. We booked after 45 day mark so cancelling wasn't an option.

Well I'm a little fluffy and decided to join a bootcamp to loose 10-15 lbs b4 the cruise. $100 later I'm at the gym for the 1st session. Im running, stopping to do my 1st blurpie and a pushup. I go down to do the pushup on the step, the step slips, my right shoulder gives out and I'm in excruciating pain. The trainer runs over to check on me. She calms me down and lays my head on her lap. I try and breathe slow and not cry. But the pain on my right shoulder us unbearable. I don't know what happened but I know I can't move. I was lying flat on my stomach with my head in the trainer's lap. After a few minutes I worked up the courage to try and sit up. As I braced my left arm firmly on the ground to stabilize myself I slowly raised my right shoulder. The pain that shot through my body was unbearable but as the pain increased I could feel gravity sliding the ball of my shoulder back into the shoulder socket. It was the creepiest feeling ever. Once it locked back in the socket the pain was gone. It just vanished. A MIRACLE!

Well Tim T my dad didn't raise no punk. I hopped up, tested the shoulder and kept on moving. I couldn't put any weight on my right side but I was going to get my money's worth.

Pause...why haven't they dismissed us yet? Everyone is walking around and there's a buzz but no have a great Thanksgiving. Time for me to investigate. I have a drive to make and I was hoping to be on the road by 3pm.

Looking forward to learning the "rest of the story". Personally, I had an "almost didn't happen" cruise experience this July in Boston prior to the Rotterdam's Voyage of the Viking cruise because of a medical issue. I well understand the angst.

We made it to Magee MS. Time for some shut eye. Im showered and smelling Dove clean. Thx sis for the soap and deo. Me in my infinite wisdom decided to pack a suitcase and one overnight bag. I only brought my overnight bed into the hotel. My toiletry bag had a toothbrush, meds and makeup. I forgot to replenish this toiletry bag. Thank God for little sisters.

We're staying at the Holiday Inn express. Nice clean hotel.

Its late and I'll check in tomorrow with more updates.

4e97e3dd94821218075e52bbb6f3694c.jpg

Good morning CC.

4b7e9fd60be72ed2139f733f38c5c42c.jpg

Background continued

After I finished boot camp I returned home with a tender shoulder. I called the BF and he of course wanted to come and see about me and strongly encouraged me to go to the Dr. I'm ok babe. If it's not better tomorrow I'll go to the Dr.

The next morning I was greeted with a little pain and zero mobility in my right shoulder. I prepared for my day at work and carried my arm on my hip like a small infant. After arriving at work and explaining the incident to my cubicle mates, Aunt cubicle said you need to go to the Dr. Cousin cubicle backed her up and added a NOW. I'm stubborn and promised if it wasn't better by the end of the dey I would go to my Dr.

My stubbornness lasted a couple of hours before my right mind kicked in and I contacted the Doc for an appt. Doc was booked for the day but his office has after hour care.

My right arm is my dominant arm. Needless to say absolutely nothing was accomplished on this day. I cradled and nurtured my right arm all day. Maybe I should have gone to the ER last night.

Some xrays, $20 for after hour premium, some pain meds and a $65 sling later I was on my way home. I was told get somewhere and sit down and keep that arm stable. It is important that your arm does not dislocate again. You are more susceptible to your shoulder dislocating again due to your injury. They made an appointment with my primary care doc in 7 days to evaluate. If pain and discomfort gets worse come back and see us.

The only thing I was thinking is please no surgery. I have a ship to catch. LOL! Very little damage was done to the ligaments, muscles, bones and tendons. No surgery based on this initial evaluation. Thank you God. Time to be obedient with the doc so my arm will heal and I can cruise.

My shoulder turned out to be fine and I went about with my daily activities.

Well driving alone 8 hours was no longer an option. I needed to find someone to travel with me. Baby sister would you like to go on a cruise. I got it dirt cheap. It's a steal. Of course big sister you got it. SCORE!!!! I love my family. Im number 2 of 7 and we're very close. So usually help is a text or phone call away.

Good bye Holiday Inn express

452076a82be61febeeb88d4e90c09440.jpg

We're on the road again. I just can't wait to get on the road again.

1f20c31a8b46a06d0429478510c22e54.jpg

We're headed south on 49 on . way to Mobile. Im too EXCITED TO DRIVE!!! So baby sis has taken the wheel.

One quick stop to wally world. I forgot my sunscreen and clorox wipes.

dd5fdd1d579d26814928ecb5bef89ff8.jpg

Sit back and relax we have 143 miles to go. Tap at you later.

Really enjoying this and your sense of humor; I chuckled out loud at the "stalking Blue Bell" comment. :D

Back in October a DUI driver totaled my car and injured me, at midnight, the very night BEFORE we were supposed to drive down for our cruise....in MY car. We had to make the drive in my friend's old Chevy custom van, into the teeth of Hurricane Matthew and a storm-ravaged Florida, and with me hurt with a burn on my arm. It was SO close to being a cruise-killer of a wreck, by far the worst wreck I've ever been in, but....we made it! (And the salt water was good for my airbag-friction burn. ;) )

Glad you made YOUR cruise, too, despite all of your pre-cruise challenges!

BTW the cruise was fantastic! I'll pick up the review where I left off.

Getting in and out of the port was a breeze. Here it is in pics for my visual learners.

a30fce19bb80b90bdcd3248494d59155.jpg

Lots of signs and security directing traffic.

40804b34746ce0f8291c05203c0babde.jpg

You enter the parking garage and drop off your luggage. We arrived around 11ish and the line was fairly short. We were about 12 cars back from parking garage entrance.

If they're slammed this could possibly be a problem. I definitely understand the staggered check in times from this perspective.

7fce3adff97fec56124b5af2b831ddb7.jpg

03986fce64c47ad5de9c8e7d9bfd8876.jpg

Once you park make sure you pay via text msg or at the kiosk. We paid at kiosk. Simple and easy. Plenty of posted instructions and warnings.

Going thru security took the longest time about 20 minutes. For some reason they would stop the security line so the line to get your sign and sail card was 4 or 5 people deep. This made no sense to me. Security had limited space however the S&S card had the whole center section and 8 or 9 rows of zigzag space. SMH!!! I could definitely tell this was there first rodeo. 6 months and they'll have it running smooth as butter.

e3e700f6f9548cdf156721a212e54ee0.jpg

37dac588cdd1e22b2860a392741b29ae.jpg

This was a very short cruise. Just a get away for us so we didn't do anything spectacular.

As I think of things I'll post back. If you have any questions let me know.

I saw these on the lido deck. Loved them. I prefer washing my hands to using hand sanitizer.

3ab280b5934dc2066c480d75629d162a.jpg

6650e1f05ee8f72a21038f809de8441f.jpg

I asked if they would play the Cowboys game. Yes they did. And they won. Yeah! Best place to watch sports is in the Majestic. The Fantasy doesn't have the Dive In movie theater screens on the lido deck. Just small tvs.

a744017aebb8383b16e9ea04e1cf56cc.jpg