Specialty dining

kpollock1981

It would be helpful to know what ship and when.

If you are picky about what time you eat and your preference is peak dinner times, then I suggest you book ahead of time (90 days or 100 days in advance, depending upon whether you're in a "regular" cabin or in a suite). If you're fine eating a little earlier or later than most, you should be fine waiting until you're on the ship to make reservations. If you're really okay with winging it, you can check the monitors each evening when you're ready to eat and go to a restaurant that is showing as having availability. But, keep in mind that some of the specialty restaurants can be difficult to get into if you choose this option..

Thank you for the reply. I am on the epic leaving on December 10 for 7 days.

You're welcome. :p

I've sailed on the Epic and the specialties do fill up. If you don't book in advance, I suggest you do it the first day on board. Personally, I like to book ahead so I'm not spending vacation time figuring when and where to eat. :D

Thank you for the reply. I am on the epic leaving on December 10 for 7 days.

If you check now, you will probably see that most of the prime time dining reservations are sold out. You needed to pre-book 90 days prior to sailing (100 days if you are in the Havens).

NCL holds some reservations for onboard bookings. Prime time (6:00-8:00) will sell out quickly at popular restaurants. The most popular restaurants are Teppanyaki and Cagney's.

Make your reservations quickly on Embarkation Day.

The easiest way is to use one of the touch screen kiosks in all public areas. Select your restaurant and time, scan your room key, and you're booked. You can also use the iConcerge app on your smart phone, your stateroom TV, call dining reservations from your room, or wait in line at the reservations desk.

The touch screen kiosks work well for dining reservations, show reservations, and shore excursions.

I read on one of the posts that a lot of the seats are held until embarkation day.. is that true? All the prime and early reservations seem gone on my cruise next week.

NCL says that "a lot" of seats are held. On bigger ships with bigger restaurants, that may be true. But, we have tried shortly after first embarkation and had trouble getting prime time reservations at popular restaurants.