Deluxe Package and Voom One Device Plan

Thanks for posting! It is on my 1/17/17 HOTS sailing and it is cheaper than just the beverage with the reduced gratuity. I bit on it because I wouldn't be surprised if they fix that and increase the gratuity. I also noticed it is listed as a sip and steam package after I bought it so maybe it is the stream VOOM? It is listed under the beverage packages and it has no picture in my planner so you have to read the titles to find it.

Edited by jpuglvr

Just logged into my cruse planner and here are the Internet packages that are available for my cruise next August.There is no offer for the deluxe drinks package and Voom.

image.jpg

Did you check under the drink packages? For my two cruises they're only listed there--not in internet at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So I can just cancel my original drink package purchase and they will refund it and I can then buy the new deal for drink package and internet? Sorry just trying to clarify since I've never done it before. Also do I need to call or just do everything online? Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So I can just cancel my original drink package purchase and they will refund it and I can then buy the new deal for drink package and internet? Sorry just trying to clarify since I've never done it before. Also do I need to call or just do everything online? Thanks for the help.

Correct, and you should be able to do it all online.

Yep I just did the same thing. Cancelled my 3 drink packages for Feb 5 2017 Oasis and grabbed 3 drink packages plus voom 1 device for about $10 less than what I paid before. Not much for internet on a cruise but it will be nice to be able to text each other on the ship

My DH and I just reserved this package as did our friends who will be travelling with us on the NOS in January. Previously, I was not interested in purchasing a beverage package, as we will be in an OS and will have Concierge Lounge benefits as well as the Diamond perk of having 3 drinks loaded on to our seapass for the evening. This Black Friday offer of the Deluxe Bevvie Pkg combined with the Voom Surf & Streams is actually a great deal for us as we love our specialty coffees, my DH loves his fresh squeezed juice and I love Pellegrino water.....and oh, we do like our champagne, wine and cocktails. I think this is a great offer!

Yep I just did the same thing. Cancelled my 3 drink packages for Feb 5 2017 Oasis and grabbed 3 drink packages plus voom 1 device for about $10 less than what I paid before. Not much for internet on a cruise but it will be nice to be able to text each other on the ship

Has anyone ever had an issue with them refunding you quickly, I don't really want to tie up too much money on drink packages at the moment?

Just cancelled our existing internet and drink packages and booked this one instead. Before we were paying $792 for 2 drink packages and $124 for 2 device internet package, this package came out to $784 for 2 drink and 2 internet, so an excellent deal

How is saving $8 such an excellent deal on an $800 purchase? Did I miss something?

How is saving $8 such an excellent deal on an $800 purchase? Did I miss something?

Because they got internet included which they didn't have before. So they saved $8 on their original purchase plus now have internet!! Great deal!!

Because they got internet included which they didn't have before. So they saved $8 on their original purchase plus now have internet!! Great deal!!

Got it.........thanks

Has anyone ever had an issue with them refunding you quickly, I don't really want to tie up too much money on drink packages at the moment?

It can take 5 to 10 business days for the refund to appear on your credit card.

Also notice, when adding thing up to see if it is worth it, take into account that the Beverage package only has an 18% service surcharge, but the Beverage and Internet combo only has a 14.5% service surcharge, thus adding to the savings.

dp

I just cancelled our voom package and got the combo package - great deal. Did the booking by phone and RC confirmed that they would refund the cancelled package, no questions asked (I'm from the Netherlands and canceling here is not that easy, so this was a nice surprice:))! Thanks to contributors on the thread, for giving the heads up on this.

I have done it twice now and the CC refund has always shown up within a week.

Also notice, when adding thing up to see if it is worth it, take into account that the Beverage package only has an 18% service surcharge, but the Beverage and Internet combo only has a 14.5% service surcharge, thus adding to the savings.

dp

The 14.5% service charge is probably not any savings. Don't forget that the Internet package by itself has no service surcharge so it would be wrong for them to charge 18% service surcharge for Beverage plus Internet.

It does not specify so I am assuming that it is only surf.

This is the info posted for the "Sip and Stream"

Toast to virtually unlimited options of beverages on your vacation– wake up with premium coffee, tea, and fresh-squeezed juices, then keep cool onboard with non-alcoholic drinks and bottled still and sparkling water. Relax and unwind with premium and frozen cocktails, domestic and imported beers and a wide selection of wines by the glass.* Plus, enjoy a discount of 40% off bottles of wine under $100 and 20% off bottles above $100 in bars and dining rooms. With VOOM, the fastest internet at sea, enjoy unlimited high-speed internet and stream all your favorite movies, shows and music while at sea. Share every unforgettable moment of your vacation in real time.

*All Beverage Packages exclude any beverages served inside licensed Starbucks

I didn't cancel my original package at first and instead went through RC by phone when i saw this because it looked too good to be true when i saw it online.

I guess I buried the lead.....when I called, it turned out to be true. Rebooking it today essentially got me the VOOM for free.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD